Plex Mediaserver

• Hello,

I upgraded from 2.x -> 3.x but the plugin broke the gui. I had to remove the plugin and re-install to get the gui working.

Under 2.x, i had the /var/lib/plexmediaserver moved to one of my data drives.
    I set this in /etc/default/plexmediaserver

Now, I see the data path in the plugin, but the plugin fails to start because it is still trying to load /var/lib/plexmediaserver.

how can i get this to point back to the data drive pls?

another thing that may impacted it. I uninstalled shellinabox before the upgrade.
    Interestingly, the data/plexmediaserver owners were changed to shellinabox:users

• Now, I see the data path in the plugin, but the plugin fails to start because it is still trying to load /var/lib/plexmediaserver.

Exactly where are you when this happens, exactly what is happening, and what did you do to get to this point. List every step.

What do you mean by "the plugin fails to start"?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Hi gwitsi
    I would once apt-clean in omv-extras
    You must note that the drives are no longer under / media but under / srv / is.
    Normally, the setting remains the same but there are always small problems when upgrading.
    Ps: I could not translate it well (Austria)

https://github.com/Wolf2000Pi

OMV6 Hewlett-Packard HPE-411at - Intel Core i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz - 16GB Ram

Proxmox omv 7 sandworm Dell OptiPlex 7050 i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz - 32GB Ram (Test!!!!)

• @gderf, i mean in the gui, plex, settings - it correctly shows the path per below.

@wolf,

that is probably the problem. The upgrade didn't work, so i uninstalled the plex plugin and re-installed.
    - default is to /var/lib/plexmediaserver

but my data on original system was (i have copied these settings to the post-upgrade) : -

etc/openmediavault/config.xml
    <plexmediaserver>
    <enable>1</enable>
    <pyenable>0</pyenable>
    <pyrun>1</pyrun>
    <pyport>8182</pyport>
    <db-folder>/media/a7e96974-7965-4103-9743-281802f3d956/plexmediaserver</db-folder>
    <mntentref>2188eafe-dec4-4004-9aca-8df5dda4d8ce</mntentref>
    <showtab>1</showtab>
    </plexmediaserver>

etc/default/plexmediaserver
    export PLEX_MEDIA_SERVER_APPLICATION_SUPPORT_DIR="/media/a7e96974-7965-4103-9743-281802f3d956/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support"

syslog shows
    sh[2165]: /bin/mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/var/lib/plexmediaserver’: Permission denied
    systemd[1]: plexmediaserver.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
    systemd[1]: Failed to start Plex Media Server for Linux.

- i deleted this directory, because it was still loading the plex settings from it, and not from the data drive.

Can you tell me what else i need to change to make plex read from the data drive.

p.s. I have only /srv/ftp - my drives (3x) all still appear under /media/ so the path above is correct.

• When you are setting the database folder in the plugin to /media/a7e96974-7965-4103-9743-281802f3d956/plexmediaserver are you saving that change then and applying the changes? It can take a while after you apply the changes before the plugin finishes its work.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Well, that was fun.
    - used web plugin to move to the media drive
    - deleted the old directory from the data drive
    - used web plugin to move to the data drive
    - restored settings from the backup

she is up an running again with all my settings

last two remaining issue with plex;
    - i moved the transcoder temp directory to the data drive (which worked previously). transcoding crashes now.
    - web client frame just comes up with blank when enabled.

• To fix the transcode problem, i had to
    (with the assistance of this link OMV 3 Transcode)

- apt-get purge openmediavault-plexmediaserver
    - apt-get purge plexmediaserver
    - userdel plex
    - rm -rf /etc/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service.d

- re-install via the plugin
    - do partial restore (seems my backup still had the codec directory under the Library and no link to opt/codecs

last problem to solve is;

web client frame just comes up with blank when enabled.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!