Error When Enabling Flash Memory Plugin

• Version: 3.0.86
    Plugin: flashmemory
    Plugin Version: 3.4.4

For some reason I get the error below every time I try to enable the Flash-Memory Plugin I get the error below regarding an invalid argument. I'm unsure what information may be useful, but I've included the error in OMV and I've included the output of the mount command. This happens as soon as I try to click the apply button. I've gone as far as to try a fresh install where the only things changed are adding the extras plugin and the Flash Memory plugin. Currently I have Docker, MergerFS, and SnapRAID running which may affect the file system, so just an FYI. I'm not opposed to a fresh install or anything like that, I'd really just like to get this working. Please let me know what I can provide as I'm unsure where to go next. I looked over the syslogs, but didn't see anything relevant.

• Part 1 of the mount command output:

• Part 2 of the mount command output:

• Yes, originally I tried to enable to plugin without it, then I tried to edit my fstab per the instructions and try again. On the fresh install with no drives installed other than the USB drive with OMV on it, I first edited my fstab, restarted, then tried to enable it. Posting my fstab below. Also, my mount command spit out too much info so I can post the rest if it would be helpful.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of:

dpkg -l | grep openm
    omv-mkconf flashmemory
    cat /etc/folder2ram/folder2ram.conf

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Well I'm sure I see my problem, but don't really know what I did wrong, lol.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You ran omv-mkconf as a non-root user.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• OK, I ran it as a root user and I get no output from that, it just drops me back to the command prompt and I still get the "cat: /etc/folder2ram/folder2ram.conf: No such file or directory" error even when run as root.

• Offizieller Beitrag

OK, I ran it as a root user and I get no output from that, it just drops me back to the command prompt and I still get the "cat: /etc/folder2ram/folder2ram.conf: No such file or directory" error even when run as root.

omv-mkconf isn't supposed to show output. On Linux, when a command doesn't show output, that normally means it ran successfully. What is the output of (as root): omv-showkey flashmemory

• Thanks for clarifying, I was aware that some commands don't have an output when successful, but was unsure if this one should and didn't want to not give you all the info. Below is output from the command. First is when I click "enable" which shows that it changes the flag to 1, but I can't apply the setting from the UI without getting the error specified in my first post. The second time was after I clicked "revert". So I guess for what it's worth that flag is getting flipped, but it must be whatever is run to "commit" it is failing.

Code
    admin@PLEX:~$ sudo omv-showkey flashmemory
        <flashmemory>
          <enable>1</enable>
          <root></root>
          <written></written>
        </flashmemory>
    admin@PLEX:~$ sudo omv-showkey flashmemory
        <flashmemory>
          <enable>0</enable>
        </flashmemory>
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Try this:

Enable flashmemory and click save but don't apply or revert.
    As root: omv-mkconf flashmemory
    cat /etc/folder2ram/folder2ram.conf
    If that file exists now, then click apply in the web interface.

• Cat shows the following:

Code
    #<file system>  <mount point>                 <options>
    #tmpfs           /var/cache                 #this folder will be activated later after testing is completed
    tmpfs           /var/log
    tmpfs           /var/tmp
    tmpfs           /var/lib/openmediavault/rrd
    tmpfs           /var/spool
    tmpfs           /var/lib/rrdcached/
    tmpfs           /var/lib/monit
    tmpfs           /var/lib/php5               #keep_folder_structure   folder2ram does not have an equivalent yet
    tmpfs           /var/lib/netatalk/CNID

So I tried to apply it and I get the following error:

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't have any clue why so many things are missing... Try the following:

apt-get purge openmediavault-flashmemory folder2ram
    reboot
    omv-aptclean
    rm -f /etc/folder2ram/folder2ram.conf
    apt-get install openmediavault-flashmemory

• Same issue, a few things. I did a fresh install initially with JUST the USB drive plugged in and got the same results. I don't have root on this machine, I just have a user in the SUDO group. Also, when I run "sudo omv-mkconf flashmemory" it doesn't do anything and there is no .conf file. BUT if I run "omv-mkconf flashmemory" then the folder2ram.conf file does get created in /etc/folder2ram. Unsure if any of those details help any. I'm really not sure what else to do.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Same issue, a few things. I did a fresh install initially with JUST the USB drive plugged in and got the same results. I don't have root on this machine, I just have a user in the SUDO group. Also, when I run "sudo omv-mkconf flashmemory" it doesn't do anything and there is no .conf file. BUT if I run "omv-mkconf flashmemory" then the folder2ram.conf file does get created in /etc/folder2ram. Unsure if any of those details help any. I'm really not sure what else to do.

It shouldn't matter if you run with sudo or as root. The omv-mkconf flashmemory command will write the config file if the enable value in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml is 1. Otherwise, it will not write it. I would try a new usb stick.

• The fresh install with the same behavior was on a new USB stick. They're both brand new, albeit the same brand. I will try a different stick in the next day or so. I wasn't sure how the script ran so wanted to specify. The other thing I mentioned just to clarify is no .conf is created until I run it under my user account, without the sudo portion of the command. Unsure why that is.

• Im unetbootin in windows and following the wiki here. I did get an odd partition error during install bot times after selecting the drives. I'll try burning a CD and installing to a cdrom that way.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!