Raspberry Pi3 install - OMV_3_0_79_RaspberryPi_2_3_4.9.35.7z does not work here

• Hello I am new here and on the journey to install a new home server for the 7 or so devices in my household.

I am waiting for my ODROID XU4. In the meantime I decided to get my feet wet with a Raspberry Pi3 I have here that was running Libreelec nicely but got replaced by a Wetek Vero 4k.

What I found:
    I could not get the Image from Sourceforge running. I checked checksums, changed the filesystem were it was unpacked, flashed 3 times with etcher. Every time the raspi died with "can not read inode on ext4" or so.
    Is that image from July 16th corrupt?

I then decided to get the official Raspian from raspberrypi.org.
    Worked, but it is Debian Stretch.
    Installed OMV. Well this worked kind of ... Many errors with updating or trying to install plugins.
    OK - I should have followed the advice to install OMV on Jessie.

Hunted for a Jessie-Image: downloads.raspberrypi.org/
    I downloaded and flashed Raspbian-Jessie-lite from 2017-07-05. The latest available Jessie Imgage.

Then installed OMV and enabled the OMV-extras repository.
    I think the OMV-package (openmediavault_3.0.87_all.deb) lacks the dependency resolvconf.
    I apt installed that missing package and then omv-initsystem worked.

Installing the flashmemory plugin gave me weird errors, uninstalling and reinstalling it took down my Firefox 54! This browser is heavily locked down for privacy but instead of a crash I expected it to do nothing...
    On the commandline installing via apt it gave no problems.
    I am using a vanilla Chromium now - no problems so far.

I do not know if its the fault of OMV:
    ssh-ing into my Raspi worked with the user "pi" after fresh install of Raspbian.
    After installing OMV this did not work anymore!?
    I put user "pi" in group ssh (again?) via the web interface.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Raspbian based on Debian Stretch definitely will not work. The image on sourceforge works fine for me. I have flashed it many times. If you are getting an inode error, maybe your sd card is bad? Did you let the initial install and resize finish before you started doing things? It takes a few minutes on the first boot.

Installing the flashmemory plugin gave me weird errors, uninstalling and reinstalling it took down my Firefox 54!

The flashmemory plugin can't take down a browser. It only does things on the server side. No idea what happened but it probably has something to do with locking down your browser.

I would try a different sd card.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• > maybe your sd card is bad?
    Maybe, but then only with the OMV-image ... d&r
    I also tested (not thoroughly) it with f3probe and found nothing.
    It is a old and trusted card that worked in several devices and works now with Raspian.
    Go figure...

> Did you let the initial install and resize finish
    Yes, I worked with monitor and keyboard on first boot.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe, but then only with the OMV-image ... d&r
    I also tested (not thoroughly) it with f3probe and found nothing.
    It is a old and trusted card that worked in several devices and works now with Raspian.
    Go figure...

When you write an image to a card, it writes on the same sectors everytime. Your fresh install of Raspbian could have easily avoided those sectors. The fact you call it an "old" card is not encouraging. I have a stack of old and trusted SD cards that have failed in my years of creating RPi images.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Where should I look to get an older version (img-file)?

I don't have any of the older images and didn't keep any because the new image solves most of the problems the old one has. A older image shouldn't fix your problem either.

• Thanks for your patience!

I botched my setup trying to set up radicale from experimental (I want version 2.x):
    worked 96% but failed on the last dependency to get TLS1.2 working. Got it working without TLS.

I also dabbled with luksDevices and got my "Physical Discs" in disorder. How come I cannot remove a not attached disc there? I did not want to delve in the config files ...
    I want to add the disc later (after boot) but that does not work too good since shares to files on the disk exist already.
    I will mount it via crypttab/keys - something I'd like to avoid since I do not want the key on the SD-Card on an unencrypted partition.

So I flashed OMV_3_0_79_RaspberryPi_2_3_4.9.35 again - same result, not to my surprise. If I ever try it a last time I will clean the card in Gparted before first boot. The check finds errors here after Etcher did its work.

Since working from Raspbian took rather long I now give omv_2.2.5_rpi2_rpi3.img.gz a try.
    Its Wheezy and some OMV-archive-keys seem to be changed so now I am starting an upgrade to Jessie and the latest OMV generation and version ....
    But this image, like the Raspbian Jessie image works here.

• Offizieller Beitrag

How come I cannot remove a not attached disc there?

Remove a disk in Physical devices? You mean remove a LUKS container?

So I flashed OMV_3_0_79_RaspberryPi_2_3_4.9.35 again - same result, not to my surprise. If I ever try it a last time I will clean the card in Gparted before first boot.

This really surprises me since it works just fine for me on multiple RPis and multiple SD cards. What are you extracting the image with?

• > Remove a disk in Physical devices?
    Sorry - in "File systems"
    Just tested it in OMV 2 - there it works as expected: I can delete the "zombie"

> What are you extracting the image with?
    Always Etcher, since typing dd and checking and sync is a lot of work on my console.
    I will try OMV_3_0_9x_RaspberryPi_2_3 when available...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Always Etcher, since typing dd and checking and sync is a lot of work on my console.
    I will try OMV_3_0_9x_RaspberryPi_2_3 when available...

etcher doesn't extract the archive. you need 7-zip or something that extracts 7z files. I was wondering what program you extracted it with?

I still don't think this is an image issue and there probably won't be a 3_0_9x. I would guess OMV would move to 3.1 before that.

• > wondering what program you extracted it with
    ark or 7zip-commandline (no difference according to SHA1sum)

I bit the bullet and ordered a new SAMSUNG EVO+ SD Card and a new PSU.
    With version 2 image I started to see the same symptoms when trying to upgrade via apt...

I wonder which arrives first here: the card or my ODROID XU4Q with EMMC

• Offizieller Beitrag

With version 2 image I started to see the same symptoms when trying to upgrade via apt...

This tells me the card was starting to fail.

• @ryecoaaron

yes you were right: with a SAMSUNG EVO+ and a new powersupply everythings works on my Raspi3.

Now with ODROID XU4, 6A PSU, same 4TBytes Seagate I get uas_eh_abort_handler

changed ports, put in an "active, powered" hub -> still undervoltage

The best I get is just under 5V, either USB port.
    It can get below 4.7V when the drive is busy. Current not over 0.6A.

I can not change the PSU since this is the only one I have with these plugs. It is the one with the most As Hardkernel sells.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!