OMV 3.0.x SMB/CIFS Issues

• I installed OMV 3x in the last few days and had problems with samba as well. I could see the shares, but could not login.

The solution for me was to edit /etc/samba/smb.conf and erase all quotation marks for users.

Instead of

valid user = "someguy"

write

valid user = someguy

Several users as valid users should appear only space seperated.

After finishing your configuration reload configuration using

# sudo systemctl reload smbd

Unfortunately your configuration will be overwritten every time you add oder change a share in WebGUI.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Weird. My systems have the quotes and they work just fine. Are you sure the smbd service just didn't need to be reloaded? Have you tried adding them back to see if it stops working again?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Ok I have reinstalled again ( and killed a USB stick ) when the install is finished and it says reboot it takes a long time to reboot on its own.
    On the installs I have done that don't work I restarted with the PC button. I am thinking this is stopping samba installing fully.
    I did try to purge samba and samba-common and reinstall samba from SSH. This allowed me to get past permissions (but left me with no users or shares) but total messed the install after rebooting ( no web interface )
    1-Is there a correct way to reinstall samba ?

To get a none working samba I don't let it reboot after install ( press button ) and don't add user to SSH or SUDO

Hope this helps

• defiantly not an issue with omv 3 as i myself tested version 2+3 from the beginning of beta releases an had no samba/cif problems ur having. i would suggest looking at your user rights an whether or not user names passwords are in place correctly

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!