How do you update Emby in OMV3?

• Hello, I have installed emby using apttool in OMV3 but not sure how to update/upgrade the server; the emby dashboard keeps telling me to shutdown and upgrade but not sure how. I tried telling apttool to reinstall packages but it reinstalls the same version. apt-get upgrade emby-server from shellinabox says there is no upgrade either. First time updating since moving to OMV3 and not sure how to go about it, Thank you for any help.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you have the emby (opensuse) repo enable, updates should show up in the update tab.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• If you have the emby (opensuse) repo enable, updates should show up in the update tab.

I initially set it up using your instructions in another thread about setting up emby using apttool and added the repo you suggested, if that is the repo you refer to then I should have it. So I would need to update the repo from the update tab and that would automatically update the server? or would it update the emby server install files, that I would have to install again using apt-tool to get the upgrade?

Thanks for your help.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I initially set it up using your instructions in another thread about setting up emby using apttool and added the repo you suggested, if that is the repo you refer to then I should have it. So I would need to update the repo from the update tab and that would automatically update the server? or would it update the emby server install files, that I would have to install again using apt-tool to get the upgrade?

If you add the repo (which you did), the updates will show up in the updates tab WHEN they are available just like all other updates. That is the whole purpose of a repo. You only use apttool to install it the first time.

• If you add the repo (which you did), the updates will show up in the updates tab WHEN they are available just like all other updates. That is the whole purpose of a repo. You only use apttool to install it the first time.

Okay Thank You, I'll try it when emby is updated next. I ended up upgrading using the cli before I got replies to this thread but will be sure to check it out next update. I rather use the webgui if possible as I don't want to mess anything up by going into the cli too much. Thanks again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I rather use the webgui if possible as I don't want to mess anything up by going into the cli too much

Why are you installing via cli? Most of the time, there should be no rush to have the latest update right away.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!