Clean Install Of OMV 3.x OK but How To Migrate Existing Raid 1 Data

• I have an existing OMV 2.x setup, Raid1, with several shares folders, users etc. I prefer to clean install for major upgrades so have done so on different system disk with existing Raid disks disconnected.

Now I have a working OMV 3.x setup but don't know how to handle the data. I tried to reconnect the existing Raid disks and 1 of the two disks is found, a degraded raid created. That is easily fixed to create a clean 2 disk raid. However within that I cannot create shared folders as the volume is not visible via the web GUI.

I read on the forum somewhere that the solution to that is to wipe and re-create the raid, but that would loose all my data.

My question: Is there a way to access the existing Raid1 data on the existing two disks from the clean OMV 3.x system? Or do I have to copy off all existing data (only 1 Tb !!), trash and recreate a new raid 1, re-create users and shared folders in OMV 3.x and then copy back all data?

Advice or suggestions please.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!