Raspberry Pi 3 to NAS doesn't work the explorer interface

• Raspberry Pi 3 to NAS doesn't work the explorer interface

Hello,

I have istalled the OMV_3_0_79_RaspberryPi_2_3_4.9.35 on my Raspberry PI 3, and after a lot of tries I managed to get IP from the WIFI. I tried with this IP to connect on the Raspberry through Chrome, but I got back the message:

This site can’t be reached

169.254.5.87 took too long to respond.
      Try:
      ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

how I can confirm that the Raspberry has been setup correctly?
      I would like to inform you that I am not familiar with linux/Raspberry etc... so all my tries has been done after a lot of reading on internet.

Can someone help me please?

Thank you in advance
    • VasilisAlex wrote:

Is a so called link local address and a clear sign that the Raspberry did not get a DHCP address. Maybe in the meantime the board got a DHCP lease so I would try to open cmd.exe on your Windows box and do a simple 'ping raspberrpi' followed by a 'ping raspberrypi.local' (you can stop it with [ctrl]-[c] if I remember correctly).

If the commands above give you an IP address then try this please.
    • First of all I would like to thank you for your answer.

I tried what you asked and below is the results.

C:\Windows\system32>ping raspberrypi ping raspberrypi.local
      Ping request could not find host raspberrypi. Please check the name and try again.

Also I attached and one photo of the terminal in raspberrypi
      Images
      • 20170823_173430_001.jpg

728.55 kB, 3,984×2,988, viewed 228 times
    • C:\Users\Vasilis>ping 192.168.2.21

Pinging 192.168.2.21 with 32 bytes of data:
      Reply from 192.168.2.20: Destination host unreachable.

Ping statistics for 192.168.2.21:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Now, sometimes under my computer/network I can see the "computer" named: RASPBERRYPI but is not accessible.
    • VasilisAlex wrote:

From RaspberryPI side is working the ping
      I've to admit that I'm no Windows user so everything below is from memory. But we've seen a lot of people especially with VPN clients on their Windows machines where routes did not match (ping from SBC to Windows box works, but not vice versa).

You could provide output from 'ipconfig /all' and 'route print' from your Windows box...
    • Hello,
      For some reason after 1 day, during the day raspberry pi was OFF, today when I turned it ON, everything works fine.

I managed to connect through the web GUI and create share folder which now is visible from my computer.

Now, I am trying to remove(un-mount) the existing USB that I installed but is not possible. The unmount button is gray-out.

How can I unmount the USB?

Could some one help me, please?
    • VasilisAlex wrote:

For some reason after 1 day, during the day raspberry pi was OFF, today when I turned it ON, everything works fine.
      Which might be an indication that you connected both eth0 and wlan0 to the same network in the beginning and then disconnected one of the two interfaces (which usually results in connectivity problems with the remaining interface if routes / ARP caches point to the other interface before -- such problems disappear automagically once the AP/router interconnecting both Ethernet and Wi-Fi learned that one interface disappeared. It's a matter of patience)
    • Users Online 1

1 Guest