2 Networkcards

• Hello,

i have 2 network cards with different addresse and internet connections (buisness and privat). The buisness ist the primary with a gateway.

From the privat the interface doesn´t get a gateway. Is is possible that i can reach both card from the internet?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello,

i have 2 network cards with different addresse and internet connections (buisness and privat). The buisness ist the primary with a gateway.

From the privat the interface doesn´t get a gateway. Is is possible that i can reach both card from the internet?

I would say "yes", it's possible but it would depend on how traffic is originated and on what end, and how the internal routers involved are configured.

On the other hand, there are a lot of factors involved in this that you wouldn't have control of. Specifically, the network paths to the different NIC's, through the internet, would be determined by ISP routing protocols. They (the protocols used) may make routing decisions that favor (for example) the business network over the private network.

While it's speculation (and not getting into the "if/then" scenarios of various outage types - internal or external), I think you'd find that incoming internet traffic would tend to favor one of the two interfaces. If you're counting on using the full bandwidth of both connections, at the same time, I believe that's unlikely.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You should be able to reach both ifaces from wan, but he aware if netfilter rules are not set up properly all incoming traffic from private link will return through the business link, so you'll end up waiting for a response that will never come.
    A similar issue ocurrs when people use a vpn client that fwds all traffic and try to reach they server through normal wan and they can't.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!