JBOD - Fresh install, first boot flawless, second boot raid is missing

• ESXi 6.5 - fresh install
    PCI passthrough of a IBM m1015 in IT mode
    4 WD red 4TB (raid 6)

First boot was flawless, transferred 4TB to the raid 6 I created. Shut down the JBOD case and installed new fans to make it quieter. Now after rebooting I have no array.

My question is this. Since I'm doing PCI Passthrough from another server through external cables to a CSE-PTJBOD-CB1 board... what is the proper shutdown and startup sequence? I assumed, shutting down the vm in ESXi and then simply pushing the power button on the case would be fine... Apparently not. Below is what I see for the logs.

At a loss for what happened, or what the proper way to shut down an external storage JBOD would be in this senario so I'm not corrupting data.

#lspci -k (shows the m1015 like it should within the VM)

trimmed syslog to just when the box was turned on.

syslog.txt

• no takers?

If ESXi is installed, pci passthrough is enabled, and the disks were pulled into the vm, raid 6 was created... I'm at a loss as to why shutting down the VM and powering off the server and back up, restarting OMV VM would have it think there's no disks...

• Offizieller Beitrag

I ran this setup for years without issue but I never shut down my server. I still use esxi with passthrough drives but I don't use mdadm raid anymore. I have never been able to duplicate the problems people have. So, now I just try to understand why people use raid and advise against it in most cases.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!