ZoneMinder OMV 3.x - Installation

• Hi, is there anybody have success installing ZoneMinder in OMV 3.x. I tried following jhmiller installation but couldn't get it to work. I followed the instruction also in the Zoneminder website in installing in Debian 8 but as usual no luck as well. I already spend hours on this and running out of ideas to try.

Any suggestion would be much appreciated. Thanks.

• I would advise you to use docker

OMV 5.x always up to date.
    Modded dell t20 into 19" rack case with Pearl LCD Display (Status Display!)

xeon e3-1225v3 / 32GB RAM / 1x500GB WD Blue SSD (OS) / 1x250 SSD (not used) / 1x1 TB Toshiba HHD (MultiDisk) / 4x 4TB WD40EFRX (Raid5)

• As of the moment I'm trying Robert suggestion as most post here recommend Docker which I don't have an idea ... until someone replied with more information.... for somebody else looking follow instruction below.... cheers....

• Please first install omv-extra:
    http://omv-extras.org/joomla/index.php/guides

If this done have a loog in the omv-extra point in the webgui of omv.
    Activate there docker repo stabel
    Make an apt-clean and a update
    Go to plugin
    Install docker-gui

go to docker under services in omv services
    Activate docker.

If this is done let me know

xeon e3-1225v3 / 32GB RAM / 1x500GB WD Blue SSD (OS) / 1x250 SSD (not used) / 1x1 TB Toshiba HHD (MultiDisk) / 4x 4TB WD40EFRX (Raid5)

• Go into the Docker Service.
    Push Pull Image
    Repo add dlandon/zoneminder
    Push Start
    After downloading close the downloadwindow.
    Refresh
    Select the dlandon zoneminder and push Run Image

Do the setting like in the screenshot and hit run.
    But first du need to know on which port your cams work.
    in my example you see 554 for the cams to connect.

The webserver is listening on 8080. Select an other one if there is already a service on this port.

Beware if you do a change in zoneminder you need to commit this in the docker omv gui.

Bilder

• Please have a try an put the ip (exampel 192.168.1.3) of your omv instead of 0.0.0.0
    zm is need to be like omv:8080/zm/
    Port 8080 show me the apache default page.

• Thanks no_Legend for the tutorial, I have successfully installed zoneminder on OMV 3, I think I can now upgrade my OMV 2 to OMV 3. :thumbup:

Could you please advise how I can implement zoneminder using a dedicated disk inside docker?

In OMV2 without docker, I just edit /etc/fstab like this:

/newdrive/zoneminder/images /var/lib/zoneminder/images none defaults,bind 0 2
    /newdrive/zoneminder/events /var/lib/zoneminder/events none defaults,bind 0 2

How can it be done inside docker?

• Sorry i did Not use this Feature at the monment.
    Perhaps the guys in the docker gui Thread Can help out.

Sorry.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

• I think my system is all mess up now from all the trial and error installing zoneminder from different proceduce. I will start from scratch again since Patrick was able to make it work just following the above procedure. Hope it works :)

Thanks again no_Legend you are a legend :thumbup: for answering my queries...

• Managed to make Docker to work but unfortunately another hurdle... any idea why I am having the error below.... thanks. Even if I use the port 554 same problem.... OMV ip is 10.0.0.3 and my camera is 10.0.0.2 using port 34567.

• Found what I did wrong ... followed the procedure below and everything works.... thanks a lot everybody....

• hello

Thank you for your message.
    What zoneminder version should I take? Currently I am still under OMV 2 and I will pass it under OMV 3.
    I saw that on the link you sent me it is version 1.28, but there is also the 1.29
    On the zoneminder web site they are in version 1.30*

https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Debian
    An idea of what version to take?
    Thank you in advance for your return

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!