OMV 4 image for Raspberrypi

• Offizieller Beitrag

When might a image for the Raspberrpi be available ?

OMV 4 is not ready. Why would you need OMV 4?

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• OMV 4 is not ready.

Yesterday I checked whether the many config tweaks we did with OMV3 on ARM boards still work with OMV4/Stretch: https://github.com/armbian/con…48a43fc9fc5cbf5120be2b722 -- they do.

My personal strategy to deal with OMV4 on ARM boards (RPi included) is to put this time all revelant stuff in a Github repo and to fully automate image creation too. But I'll wait for a message from you since at least flashmemory plugin needs to be 'ready' first.

• Offizieller Beitrag

My personal strategy to deal with OMV4 on ARM boards (RPi included) is to put this time all revelant stuff in a Github repo and to fully automate image creation too. But I'll wait for a message from you since at least flashmemory plugin needs to be 'ready' first.

Now that I am back from VMworld, I can spend the next few days getting things ready for OMV 4.x. flashmemory shouldn't be hard to get ready (if it even needs anything done).

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

@tkaiser

The flashmemory and omv-extras plugins are ready (along with a few others).

• The flashmemory and omv-extras plugins are ready (along with a few others).

Great! One minor issue you probably might want to look into though:

I included this already into Armbian's 'softy' tool Armbian users usually access by calling armbian-config. Tested as asked in this thread on a snail (combined with blazing fast eMMC to boot from and insanely fast SSD storage! All to no avail of course ;) :(

Steps on Rasbian/Stretch:

Code
    sudo apt install git
    git clone https://github.com/armbian/config
    sudo /bin/bash config/softy

• Offizieller Beitrag

One minor issue you probably might want to look into though:

Fixed in 4.0.2 which is in the repo now.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I included this already into Armbian's 'softy' tool Armbian users usually access by calling armbian-config

I used the armbian build script (pretty cool :) ) to build a stretch image for my odroid-c2 with the 4.12 kernel. I then installed OMV with softy. Everything worked well and seems to be running fine. I know you install the OMV key with apt-key but I would install the openmediavault-keyring package as well.

• Offizieller Beitrag

On this image I just built, I noticed the systemd unit files aren't enabled after the softy OMV install which means the directories aren't mounted on tmpfs. I'm thinking about removing the enable from the flashmemory plugin. If someone wants to disable the mounts, they can just remove the plugin. Then you wouldn't need to enable the plugin in your build scripts.

• I used the armbian build script (pretty cool ) to build a stretch image for my odroid-c2 with the 4.12 kernel.

Out of curiousity: Did you use ext4 for the rootfs (I'm asking since I tried building an image with btrfs and this doesn't boot -- maybe bootscript adjustments needed).

I'm thinking about removing the enable from the flashmemory plugin

So that the (non working) /sbin/folder2ram -enablesystemd call isn't necessary any more? I would prefer this. Installation of the plugin enables the tmpfs mounts, deinstallation reverts back to previous state.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Out of curiousity: Did you use ext4 for the rootfs

Yep, I used ext4.

So that the (non working) /sbin/folder2ram -enablesystemd call isn't necessary any more? I would prefer this. Installation of the plugin enables the tmpfs mounts, deinstallation reverts back to previous state.

Correct. Just install/deinstall to enable/disable. The enablesystemd/mountall commands are issued in the plugin package's postinst script. The syncall/disablesystemd are issued in the plugin package's prerm script. The code is ready and working well in my testing. I will put it in the repo then.

• I will put it in the repo then.

Thanks! Just did an install with openmediavault-flashmemory 3.4.5 on Jessie but get only this (even after reboot):

Code
    root@rock64:/home/rock64# df -h
    Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    udev             10M     0   10M   0% /dev
    tmpfs           185M  4.7M  180M   3% /run
    /dev/mmcblk1p7  7.2G  1.2G  5.7G  18% /
    tmpfs           462M     0  462M   0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs           5.0M  8.0K  5.0M   1% /run/lock
    tmpfs           462M     0  462M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    tmpfs           462M     0  462M   0% /tmp
    /dev/mmcblk1p6  100M   45M   56M  45% /boot/efi

Tried it an an Armbian Jessie on XU4 and the same result. What am I'm missing?

Code
    root@odroidxu4:~# dpkg -l | grep openmedia
    ii  openmediavault                   3.0.88                           all          Open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-flashmemory       3.4.5                            all          folder2ram plugin for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-keyring           1.0                              all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-netatalk          3.2.10                           all          OpenMediaVault netatalk (AppleTalk Protocol Suite) plugin
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg      3.4.26                           all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    • Offizieller Beitrag

What am I'm missing?

I got sidetracked and just uploaded it. Should be version 4.1. I also didn't change the OMV 3.x version. The 4.1 versions should work on OMV 3.x though. I will put it in the 3.x repo too.

• Hallo, bitte helfen Sie mir bei der Installation.
    Mein Betriebssystem:
    Raspbian Stretch Lite
    Bisherige befehle:

Fehler:
    dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of openmediavault-omvextrasorg:
    openmediavault-omvextrasorg depends on openmediavault (>= 4.0.4); however:
    Package openmediavault is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package openmediavault-omvextrasorg (--install):
    dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    openmediavault-omvextrasorg
    /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/helper-functions: line 20: /etc/default/openmediavault: No such file or directory

Ich komme nicht weiter, bitte Hilfe.

• openmediavault-omvextrasorg depends on openmediavault (>= 4.0.4); however:
    Package openmediavault is not configured yet

Crap, new problem with new Raspbian Stretch :)

Better approach: Use the official OMV 3 image taking care of the release notes (especially the 'wait up to 30 minutes to let the installation finish with active network connection), then activate SSH login or create an appropriate user in groups ssh/sudo and then simply do a

Code
    omv-release-upgrade

This way you should end up with an up-to-date OMV 4 installation (at least the upgrade process is personally tested by me and others a few thousand times in the meantime ;) )

• Crap, new problem with new Raspbian Stretch :)
    Better approach: Use the official OMV 3 image taking care of the release notes (especially the 'wait up to 30 minutes to let the installation finish with active network connection), then activate SSH login or create an appropriate user in groups ssh/sudo and then simply do a

Code
    omv-release-upgrade

This way you should end up with an up-to-date OMV 4 installation (at least the upgrade process is personally tested by me and others a few thousand times in the meantime ;) )

Danke für die schnelle Antwort. Ich habe so eine schnelle Antwort nicht erwartet! :thumbup: Danke.
    Ich möchte keine OMV 3, ich will gerne eine aktuelle mit PHP 7 und allen neuen Futures.

Es läuft jetzt! Bis jetzt nicht stabil.

Habe aber Probleme mit apt-get upgrade

Ich werde warten, vielleicht morgen ein clean install ausprobieren.

• Ich möchte keine OMV 3, ich will gerne eine aktuelle mit PHP 7 und allen neuen Futures.

Schon klar. Aber wenn's mit dem von mir vorgeschlagenen Weg per 'armbian-config' und 'softy' jetzt schon wieder Probleme gibt, dann ist ein Upgrade vom offiziellen OMV3 Image auf OMV4 die definitiv bessere Idee. Die Himbeeren kranken eh an kaputter Performance und Stromversorgungsdrama also sollte man wenigstens bei der Installation darauf achten, sich ein sauberes System an Bord zu holen.

(for our international audience: there seem to be problems with the proposed installation approach cloning the armbian-config repo on any random Debian Stretch and then let 'softy' install OMV with all needed ARM tweaks. So better download our OMV3 image from Sourceforge and upgrade the installation to OMV4 -- this way you'll get a nicely supported OMV installation for sure and do not waste your time with a probably damaged installation on latest Rasbian Stretch)

On a related note: I might bake a new OMV4 image for Raspberries in 1 to 2 months if I find a way to signal underlying problems (e.g. underpowering occured) through the Web UI when users log in. Otherwise not :)

• So better download our OMV3 image from Sourceforge and upgrade the installation to OMV4 -- this way you'll get a nicely supported OMV installation for sure and do not waste your time with a probably damaged installation on latest Rasbian Stretch)

Ich habe gerade versucht den weg über OMV 3 upgrade auf OMV 4. Nach einer Wartezeit von ca 30/40 minuten war es fertig. Jedoch wen ich jetzt auf die GUI zugreifen möchte habe ich den Fehler "502 Bad Gateway / nginx"
    Dazu kriege ich noch eine menge von Fehlern angezeigt nach dem apt-get update,

Das OMV3 image war clean (ohne angelegte Benutzer, extra fürs upgrade installiert )
    Was muss ich jetzt machen um auf GUI zuzugreifen und nach dem apt-get update?

On a related note: I might bake a new OMV4 image for Raspberries in 1 to 2 months if I find a way to signal underlying problems (e.g. underpowering occured) through the Web UI when users log in. Otherwise not

Ich schätze und bewundere eure Arbeit sehr, und bin aus tiefsten Herzen dankbar für die großartige Arbeit die ihr leistet.
    Ich und vermutlich alle andere Raspberry Pi + OMV nutzen wehren sehr dankbar eine stabile armbian-config repo. Ich finde das ist eine geniale alternative Lösung. Ich würde mich jedenfalls Mega freuen wen das klappt. Und würde sehnsüchtig abwarten.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!