HDD failed, OMV does not let me remove shared folders, is unhappy

• OMV 3.0.85 (Erasmus) running on a Raspberry Pi 3 (Jesse)

I have three USB-attached HDDs, no RAID set up. One of the drives has given up the ghost, and OMV no longer shows it under Storage > Physical Disks. This is okay, it was a very old drive and I'm not mourning its passing.

But the device (/dev/disk/by-label/MusicLibMirror) is still displayed under Storage > File Systems, shows as unmounted, and as referenced. There doesn't seem to be a way to delete this entry.

Under Shared Foiders, the share name that referenced a folder on the now-removed drive appears. Selecting it does not un-gray the "Delete" option.

None of this would be a bother to me except that OMV is unhappy if I try to mount a remote share using the Remote Mount plugin. If I Add a new Remote Mount, I am able to put in the remote share location and credentials, etc., and close the dialog box. But when I Apply the change to the configuration I get this:

So, how can I make OMV happy? I'm done with that drive, it is a dead drive. But I need to figure out how to tell OMV to give it up.

I tried manually editing /etc/fstab to remove the mount but that didn't affect anything. used mount -a after editing, and tried a couple of reboots. OMV is stubborn.

• Under Shared Foiders, the share name that referenced a folder on the now-removed drive appears.

Do you have a CIFS/SMB- or other share which is still referenced to this shared folder? You have to remove all nested references then you should be able to delete the disk.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• A SMB/CIFS share on another machine

No, on the same machine.

There must be a tab in shared folders menu were you can see all references.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• A share on that drive is referenced somewhere. You need to go through all the pages of the OMV user interface and remove any references to shares on that drive. Then you can remove the shares. Once all shares on that drive are removed, you can unmount the drive.

• On Shared Folders I do not see a tab to display where a share is referenced.

That´s interesting. On my OMV system there is a tab "Shared folder In Use":

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

• A share on that drive is referenced somewhere. You need to go through all the pages of the OMV user interface and remove any references to shares on that drive. Then you can remove the shares. Once all shares on that drive are removed, you can unmount the drive.

Ah-ha. There it was under Services > SMB/CIFS.
    Thank you.
    cabrio_leo: You have options on that page that I don't.

• cabrio_leo: You have options on that page that I don't.

Sorry, I forgot that for "Reset Permissions" and "Shared Folder In Use"-tab it is necessary to install the 'resetperms'-plugin!

Especially the "Shared Folder In Use"-tab can be very helpfull.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!