Add disk to my RAID5 array

• Hi guys,

I have an OpenMediaVault NAS configured with 4 WD Red 4TB in a RAID5 array.
    I want to add 2 new disks to this array and unfortunately I cannot find how to do it.
    I physically installed the disks in the server and start the NAS.
    I click on Grow button in the RAID management tab but my disks were shown in spare in the details (below the details with one added disk, I decided to unplug the other one to perform the extension with one disk at a time...).
    I have read several posts and it seems that a command line can solve this issue (mdadm --grow...) but I don't know where to enter this command.
    If I connect a screen and a keyboard to my server I have a login line but if I enter my login and pswd the page actualize and ask me again login and pswd.
    I am a complete beginner in NAS and Linux in general so I hope that someone can help me :)

Thank you in advance!

Version : 1.2
    Creation Time : Fri Dec 9 01:30:37 2016
    Raid Level : raid5
    Array Size : 8790405120 (8383.18 GiB 9001.37 GB)
    Used Dev Size : 2930135040 (2794.39 GiB 3000.46 GB)
    Raid Devices : 4
    Total Devices : 5
    Persistence : Superblock is persistent

Intent Bitmap : Internal

Update Time : Sun Aug 27 01:12:16 2017
    State : clean
    Active Devices : 4
    Working Devices : 5
    Failed Devices : 0
    Spare Devices : 1

Layout : left-symmetric
    Chunk Size : 512K

Name : NASnicoOMV:Cube2 (local to host NASnicoOMV)
    UUID : f8b8f2fc:ef76fb8d:d603eeee:ca66164c
    Events : 10022

Number Major Minor RaidDevice State
    0 8 0 0 active sync /dev/sda
    1 8 16 1 active sync /dev/sdb
    2 8 32 2 active sync /dev/sdc
    3 8 48 3 active sync /dev/sdd

4 8 64 - spare /dev/sde

• Offizieller Beitrag

If I connect a screen and a keyboard to my server I have a login line but if I enter my login and pswd the page actualize and ask me again login and pswd.

username: root
    password: the password you have selected for user "root" during installation of OMV

These credentials are different from the ones you are using for the GUI (user: admin/password: different pwd)

If you are new to Linux be very carefull with the terminal. You can create a lot of damage.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!