Deleting data on share takes ages

• Not sure if this is the place to post this question, so fingers crossed.

I have copied a lot of data (300-400GB) using USB Backup from my external USB drive to one of my shares. I now need to delete a lot of this data - perhaps 200GB. Doing this from my windows PC (w7) through the share takes ages. I assume that is because it is pulling the data over my 100Mbit network before deleting it (or something silly like that).

What is the best way to delete/copy/move large amounts of data around in OMV? Do I need to do this through the console, and try to get my head around all the linux-like commands? Or is there an easier/better way?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Windows seems to be slow deleting large amounts of data even when local :) I use the console. If you want a gui, you could try winscp. While it is mainly meant to transfer files, it does a pretty good job as a file manager. Either way, I can help.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!