NTFS as SMB Share on a 3.0.36 (Erasmus) device

• Hi!

Long time lurker here. First off, thanks for all the great work being done by the developers and moderators on this awesome alternative NAS os. More power to you!

Anyway, I have been running different iterations of omv in a couple of devices ranging from a pi to a fall blown i7 server. One of them is also on an HP T5740 thin client which I have been running for more than a year or so. The device is based on an Intel Atom N280 cpu (x86). And as far as i know the latest omv version I can use on it is the 3.0.36 (Erasmus).

For the past year I have been using it, the hdd shares that I have been using it with are formatted as ext4 allowing me to share them under samba. Now, I'd like to directly attach an 8TB hdd formatted under ntfs to be used as another backup target. Furthermore, I'd like to keep it as ntfs so I can readily attach the drive under windows so i can manually copy, add, or remove files.

Based on my understanding of omv, the ntfs regression has been fixed in version 3.0.38 allowing ntfs formats to be shared under samba. My question: is there a way, I can do the same on this device? I tried looking for further version upgrades but unless I'm missing something (which I hope I am) it seems like the 3.0.36 version is the latest I can use on this device. Is there other work around?

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks

• Thank you so much for the reply. Really appreciate it.

Since it's been a while since i updated this thing via the update manager (cause the unit as a nas just functions flawlessly and why mess with it) now that I tried doing that i'm getting a bunch of errors.

Instead of trying to troubleshoot each error one by one, i just decided to start from scratch: reinstalled the whole thing and updated. Took me much longer to free up a memory stick so i can use it as a bootable device than doing the install itself and upgrade.

Now, I'm on one of the latest versions if not the latest. The machine is currently working great!

Again, thank you for the quick reply. More power to you.

We can mark this as (Solved).

Sakuji

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!