New install 3.0.82 - update issue (failing)

• Hi, I have just done my first install of OMV and so far it has been stable and reliable but the only issue I have is no updates.

I have not fiddled yet other than commenting out the cdrom line in sources.

I can ping 8.8.8.8 successfully.

Resolve file is empty.

Network interfaces only has entries to connect to Wi-Fi.

I am happily streaming media across my network.

When I try update in GUI or cli I get unable to resolve messages.

Sorry for being brief as not in front of server but any ideas? Happy to dive into cli as required - I did not want to mess any further and tried looking around based on suggestions from other forum threads.

I have installed OMV extras.

James

It's running on a HP microserver, OMV on an ssd, running mirrored HDD's, Wi-Fi is USB Atheros - had to drop to cli to load firmware as part of original install.

• OK, issue was nothing in /etc/resolv.conf - I added 'nameserver 8.8.8.8' and am now connecting to repro.

Upgrade via GUI threw errors however 'apt-get dist-upgrade' progressed to successful upgrade to 3.0.87.

Thank Wolf2000 and donh for all your help - I am assuming the original install and interrupting to load the wifi firmware caused /etc/revolv.conf to be empty as I had no internet connection so loaded via USB and shell.

I will mark as resolved but will re-open if still issues with future updates. ^^

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!