End kernel panic on Raspberry Pi Model B

• Hello all,
    I'm pretty new to the world of linux but have a Raspberry Pi model B so decided to try to set up a NAS server. I flashed the latest version of OMW to a 16GB SD card using Win32DiskImager and connected ethernet, storage and a keyboard to the Raspberry Pi. The Pi boots, but never gets to login, instead just permanently freezing. The last three lines of the command line output are:

Code
    [  2.796764] ---[end Kernel panic - not syncing: attempted to kill init! exitcode=0x0000000b
    [  2.796764]
    [  5.132903] random: crng init done

I understand OMW is not made for the model B, but I thought I just had to downgrade some packages once logged in as root?
    If necessary I can just use an older version but I don't know which one is suitable.
    Many thanks,
    Spindles

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV 3.x will not work on the B and it would require more than just downgrading a few packages. Use etcher to write the image as well.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

which older version would you recommend then? Do any of them officially support the Pi 1 Model B?

The readme at https://sourceforge.net/projec…/Raspberry%20Pi%20images/ says which one works with the RPi1. I really would get a new board though since the RPi1 is painfully slow.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!