MiniDLNA and track order

• Maybe this isn't the right forum for the question, but as I am using MiniDLNA under OMV, I thought I'd see if anyone can help.

I have set up MiniDLNA and accessed the streaming media using Banshee. If I choose a track and check the properties, there is no track number. Also, for compilation albums, the fact that they are recorded as such does not reflect. I have googled this topic and never quite managed to find an answer: whose "fault" is it that this information is lacking: the client or the server? It is quite frustrating because it makes it difficult to listen to songs in the right order, and it means that for compilation albums, the songs aren't grouped and reflected as one album. The album name, song title, artist and genre do reflect, so the ID3 tag info is definitely being transported to some extent. The album art also shows up in Banshee.

Perhaps a question for the MiniDLNA forums or the Banshee forums, and if so, please direct me accordingly. That said, any help would be appreciated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is probably a combination of the server and client. I have some clients that do well and other that do not. I'm actually using twonky now and I think it does a better job with the same clients.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!