Problem with Nextcloud or MySQL (SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away) and OpenMediaVault

• Hey there!

For a couple of weeks (and I believe since a minor update, but not sure about it) I have the problem, that my Nextcloud sync doesn't work properly. I have to users on nextcloud. One with just about 10G of data and another with over 500G of data (mainly photos and music). I use the nextcloud windows client to sync all the data from my OMV server to my local desktop. Since the above mentioned update it stops always at the same file and gives out an error message in the sync client: "[file name and path] - server replied: internal server error". If I look closer in the error logs, it writes "SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away". I have googled this and found quite a few "solutions" which I tried out. A lot of changes in my.cnf later I still haven't found the solution to this problem. I should state, that the 10G of data gets synced fine (even while the sync client shows the error for the 500G-account). Has anyone experienced similar things? Please ask me to show any configuration or error log files you need to help me find a solution.

Thank you!
    Alex

(During one of my problem solving trials I killed my former SLC-USB-stick where OMV was installed. OMV wouldn't boot anymore. I have now bought a SSD of similar size and to my surprise, after cloning it with CloneZilla, the SSD booted OMV without problems! Only the above error is still there. Maybe this is important to know. Is my database possibly corrupted because it was on a slowly dying USB-stick? Is there anything I can do to repair it?)

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV wouldn't boot anymore. I have now bought a SSD of similar size and to my surprise, after cloning it with CloneZilla, the SSD booted OMV without problems! Only the above error is still there. Maybe this is important to know. Is my database possibly corrupted because it was on a slowly dying USB-stick? Is there anything I can do to repair it?

When you use clonezilla to clone a bad usb stick to a new stick, you copy the corrupt data to the new one. I recommend wipe the new stick and re-installing. There is no good way to find the corruption unless you have a good backup of the old stick.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank you ryecoaaron!!

This was exactly the kind of idea I had needed! I threw away my obviously corrupted databases using the DROP-command from here: https://docs.nextcloud.com/ser…/maintenance/restore.html
    After that I reinstalled the configuration of Nextcloud by deleting [pathtoNextcloud]/config/config.php and opening my Nextcloud-instance.

I recreated all users and did a file-scan with "sudo -u www-data php occ files:scan [username]" for each user. Doing it for all users with "scan-all" would have worked too, I guess, but I wanted to start with the username, which had the least amount of files...

And now I have a working database again. I tried so hard finding the right configuration settings in my.cnf and all along it was the corrupt database. Which is weird, since it still synced some files...

Thanks again!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!