Help understand chdir error on RSync from OSX

• Hi,
    totally new to OMV, so struggling every passage.
    What I'd like to do is to rsync push from my macbook air to Rpi running OMV3
    I create a user in OMV with the same name and PW in OMV3
    I gave the user writing permission on the existing and shared "folder foto/Picutres"
    but when I do:

rsync -va --ignore-existing /Users/lucamoiana/Downloads/from/ lucamoiana@192.168.1.7:/foto/Pictures

after entering the pw I get this error:

Code
    Could not chdir to home directory /home/lucamoiana: No such file or directory
    building file list ... done
    rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (8 bytes received so far) [sender]
    rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/rsync/rsync-51/rsync/io.c(453) [sender=2.6.9]

I don't get the error and, most of all, I don't get why it is looking for "/home/lucamoiana"
    when I specified the folder "/foto/Pictures"

Thanks for your help

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think you're not setting properly the remote server and client. From what I understand you're trying to connect to a rsync module.

The selected shared folder in rsync server should be Pictures( maybe I am wrong and rsync can descent into path)

The rsync line from OS X should be

rsync -va --ignore-existing /Users/lucamoiana/Downloads/from/ lucamoiana@192.168.1.7::Pictures

Also make sure that the password is setup at the rsync module section in the users tab.

• Hi, although it seems to work, at the momenti I'm testing with a file with no folder structure, I still get the error below:

Code
    Lucas-Air:~ lucamoiana$ rsync -va --ignore-existing /Users/lucamoiana/Downloads/from/ lucamoiana@192.168.1.7::foto/
    building file list ... done
    rsync: failed to set times on "." (in foto): Operation not permitted (1)
    ./
    fattura-1726176882 copy.pdf

sent 348014 bytes  received 44 bytes  696116.00 bytes/sec
    total size is 353937  speedup is 1.02
    rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/rsync/rsync-51/rsync/main.c(996) [sender=2.6.9]

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!