Mount existing BTRFS filesystems

• Hi All,

So, I've installed OMV3 from scratch and now I'm running into this problem: I've already had 2 BTRFS filesystems, each with 2 drives. One of them was a pool the other a mirror.
    After the OMV3 installation, I'm trying to mount the 2 filesystems, but they don't even show up in the Filesystems window. The window just hangs and eventually errors with "communication failure" (without any other details).
    If I ssh onto the server and run "btrfs filesystem show", it's all there.

If I run "htop" while accessing the Filesystem window, I see some "brtfs fi show" hanging ...

If I manually mount the drives, they work. But if I reboot, the mount points are gone :)

I'm not sure where I can take it from here. I'd appreciate some help!

Thank you All!

• I think I've found the solution.

This is what I've done:
    1) manually mount one of the drives in the raid (/dev/sdb) and one of the drives from the pool (/dev/sda)
    2) At this point, the Filesystems page on the OMV web-app works.
    3) using that page, mount the other 2 drives.
    4) reboot.

At this point, the mount points I've manually done dissappear and the ones I've done using the web-app remain and are clear.
    And everything works!

Hooraaaaaay!!!!

• Same issue hier. Large BTRFS filesystem on mdam RAID with LVM ended up in timeout / communication error of web gui. What helped in my case is the installation of LVM plugin. That seemed to be required anyway as I could not create any samba shares based on a manual mountpoint.

OMV 3.0.94

Hardware:
    ASRock N3700-ITX
    1x4GB DDR3-1600 SO-DIMM
    2x4000GB WD Red and 2x4000GB WD Green in mdadm RAID5
    16 GB Mach Xtreme Technology Ultra MX-ES USB 3.0 as root
    Fractal Design Node 304 with PicoPSU

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Flachzange () aus folgendem Grund: missing word

• I have the same issue.
    Have you found a solution?

I was able to mount one drive on cli, but the thing with mounting the other in gui does not work.
    Unfortunatly i always get errors when trying to commit a change now.

Bash
    Fehler #0: 
    exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount -v --source '/dev/sdb' 2>&1' with exit code '32':
    mount: /dev/sdb is already mounted or /srv/dev-disk-by-label-files busy' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/filesystem.inc(720): OMV\System\Process->execute() #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc(874): OMV\System\Filesystem\Filesystem->mount() #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->mount(Array, Array) #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('mount', Array, Array) #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('FileSystemMgmt', 'mount', Array, Array, 1) #6 {main}
  • Did you install lvm plugin or any other plugin that might be required in order to mount your filesystem? In my case it was a lvm filesystem and omv could not read it without the plugin.

OMV 3.0.94

Hardware:
    ASRock N3700-ITX
    1x4GB DDR3-1600 SO-DIMM
    2x4000GB WD Red and 2x4000GB WD Green in mdadm RAID5
    16 GB Mach Xtreme Technology Ultra MX-ES USB 3.0 as root
    Fractal Design Node 304 with PicoPSU

• yes, but it did not help.
    It was still the same.

As it is not really a productive environment, i will try to upgrade to 4.0.
    Perhaps my btrfs is to new or something ...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!