OMV 3 for ODROID-XU4/HC1/HC2/MC1

• Offizieller Beitrag

This might be interesting for you:
    Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced

Otherwise you might have a look at Webmin. But make sure to use only functions that are not interfering with OMV.

• I have a few questions about OMV on an Odroid Xu4:

1) Can I use a mediasonic 4-bay (non raid) enclosure with it?
    2) Can I install hard drives as I need to, and can each hard drive appear as a separate volume?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello.
    Can you install zoneminder?(OMV on an Odroid HC2)

Yes, there is a zoneminder docker for armhf.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

When trying to run, ZoneMinder gets the answer: " standard_init_linux.go:190: exec user process caused "exec format error "

You used the zoneminder docker for x86. Look for one that is compatible with armhf

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Can OMV mount NTFS-formatted drives with data already on it? Planning on getting the Odroid Xu4
    And before someone says 'Make it Ext4' or whatever, I don't have another hard drive to move the data.

• Offizieller Beitrag

https://openmediavault.readthe…stems.html?highlight=ntfs

You can mount NTFS. But it is not recommended to use it for permanent use with Linux due to different handling of metadata like ownership and permissions.

• Hi all,

I have been using my new HC2 with OMV for over a week and below you will find a first feedback.

Issues:

- package management update/upgrade was not functional due to an error. I had to manually edit sources.list and disable the following line:

Code
    deb http://httpredir.debian.org/debian stretch-backports main contrib non-free

as the error reported that it was a duplicate source.

- After enabling e-mail notifications, I kept getting messages regarding samba kernel panics:

Zitat

The Samba 'panic action' script, /usr/share/samba/panic-action,was called for PID 2376 (/usr/sbin/smbd).This means there was a problem with the program, such as a segfault.However, gdb was not found on your system, so the error could not bedebugged. Please install the gdb package so that debugging informationis available the next time such a problem occurs.

With the installation of gdb, these errors disappeared.

- The following samba option appears two times:

Code
    socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY

It is in both the default smb.conf options and the Extra Options via the web interface. As a result it's a duplicate entry in smb.conf.

I would prefer if it only appeared in extra options so that I could give some additional socket options.

Additional stuff/tweaking

- My WD red does not like hdparm, so in order to be able to configure spinning down, I had to install hd-idle. For more information please see here (I haven't decided yet the final configuration).

- I added some extra options for samba:

Code
    #Custom Settings
    read raw = yes
    write raw = yes 
    server signing = no
    strict locking = no
    deadtime= 30

- I installed pi-hole in parallel. In order to use pihole interface I edited ligttpd.conf configuration and changed the port to 8080. In addition to that I installed cloudflared for dns over https.

Overall Impressions

- I admit that I am really impressed with bot OMV and the Odroid HC2.

- I usually prefer to do everything from scratrch using ArchlinuxARM. This time I decided to see what OMV has to offer and after a week I am a proud user of it.

- Samba performance is excellent. In real world use I get speeds of 95-110 MB/sec.

• ryecoaaron

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!