Shutdown NAS by an UPS via SNMP

• Hi there,

i try to find some more information about the SNMP Plugin. What is this plugin able to do?
    I have an UPS wich provided SNMP; on my previous NAS (QNAP) there was an easy way to configure it.
    Just give in the IP address of and a time frame to shut down the NAS, what works quit pretty.
    What can i put into the option field, was it able to get such function via this modul...or is there any other option for solving this?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Some options to shut down the NAS:
    - in the GUI in power management you can create a job to shut down OMV at a specific time
    - there is an autoshutdown plugin to shut down OMV based on use
    - there is NUT plugin to shut down OMV triggered by an UPS

• Thank you macom...

do you have any specific hint for such configuration for me?
    For a SNMP solution i need to fight with the NUT plugin, that what i get.

And here i need "only" to paste the few lines of configuration inside the driver configuration direct. field...?
    "
    [snmpv1] driver = snmp-ups port = snmp-ups.example.com community = public snmp_version = v1 pollfreq = 15 desc = "Example SNMP v1 device""Is there no additional work needed? I found something like this in the documentation:"REQUIREMENTS:You will need to install the Net-SNMP package from http://www.net-snmp.org/ before building this driver."BUT ... this page is talking always something about windows?!Sorry for asking and not tyring...but actaully my raid is resyncing...so waiting time :)

• Hello...
    after resyncing i started with...

monit[1041]: 'nut-server' process is not running
    monit[1041]: 'nut-server' trying to restart
    monit[1041]: 'nut-server' start: /bin/systemctl
    systemd[1]: Starting Network UPS Tools - power device driver controller...
    upsdrvctl[11725]: Can't start /lib/nut/snmp-ups: No such file or directory
    upsdrvctl[11725]: Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.7.2
    systemd[1]: nut-driver.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
    systemd[1]: Failed to start Network UPS Tools - power device driver controller.
    systemd[1]: Dependency failed for Network UPS Tools - power devices information server.
    systemd[1]: Unit nut-driver.service entered failed state.

seems something is missing...

And an other question: i can't edit any user/password inside the monitoring section, normal?
    Why i write this here...just to have it together...maybe also others like to know ;)

• cabrio_leo: you are NUT expert, right

Thanks for the compliments, but in this case I have no idea. I have no experience with SNMP at all.
    Always a good address to look for information is the Network UPS Tools web site

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• @NasBar I have seen that you have send me a pm. But I can´t see it in 'conversations'. Therefore I don´t know how to answer. Do I simply have to reply to 'forum@openmediavault.org' in my email client?

Sorry for that beginner´s question.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Thank you cabrio_leo, i try to find such threads...maybe i wasn't patiently enough
    i try to catch some information from @mikebetz42 about my issue, but it seems that it was possible! :)

....but i also don't know how to reply.... especially here i'm a pre-beginner ... so no problem ;)
    Happy weekend!

• ... no USB cable is connected, should it work then also...?

Maybe to make it more clear....
    my eaton UPS got a web card inside...because the idea behind was that THIS card should give a few NAS systems and, more important, a VM host the right commands.
    An IPM-host inside the VM shuts down the the guests inside and finally the host itself. i don't like that each client get an service to check it by itself.
    So i still think the SNMP solution is what i need...because one USB connector wasn't enough.

UPDATE; SOLVED
    i found it out by myself, only installed the nut-snmp package manually ... then proceed like expected by adding these lines:

driver = snmp-ups
    port = {IP Adress of my UPS-Web}
    community = public
    snmp_version = v1
    pollfreq = 15
    desc = "Eaton"

i earned by this entries a graph of the load, the temperature and voltage doesn't work but maybe this could be a problem of the device, and not really a bug for me.
    Now i will let beep my UPS ;)

• entries a graph of the load, the temperature and voltage doesn't work but maybe this could be a problem of the device, and not really a bug for me.
    Now i will let beep my UPS

They stopped working for me as well when I did a fresh re-install of OMV 3. I posted a thread about it, but nothing has been done. Need to post a bug report. Monitorix provides more information on the UPS than OMV. It would be nice to have detailed stats like Monitorix part of OMV.

My config:

UPS > Driver Configuration

driver = snmp-ups
    port = 192.168.10.145
    community = public
    snmp_version = v1
    mibs = pw
    pollfreq = 15
    desc = "Eaton 5PX 1500"

Services > UPS > Variables

Init SSL without certificate database
    ambient.temperature: 0.0
    ambient.temperature.high: 40.00
    ambient.temperature.low: 0.00
    battery.charge: 100.00
    battery.current: 0.00
    battery.runtime: 3647.00
    battery.runtime.low: 180.00
    battery.voltage: 51.00
    device.mfr: EATON
    device.model: Eaton 5PX 1500
    device.serial: ID: G090E3410 , Msg: 5PX1500RT
    device.type: ups
    driver.name: snmp-ups
    driver.parameter.mibs: pw
    driver.parameter.pollfreq: 15
    driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
    driver.parameter.port: 192.168.10.145
    driver.parameter.snmp_version: v1
    driver.version: 2.7.2
    driver.version.data: pw MIB 0.6.2
    driver.version.internal: 0.72
    input.frequency: 59.90
    input.phases: 1.00
    input.quality: 1.00
    input.voltage.nominal: 120.00
    output.current: 4.00
    output.frequency: 59.90
    output.frequency.nominal: 60.00
    output.phases: 1.00
    output.realpower: 555.00
    output.voltage: 117.00
    output.voltage.nominal: 120.00
    ups.firmware: INV: 10
    ups.firmware.aux: Network Management Card V6.00 JL
    ups.load: 37.00
    ups.mfr: EATON
    ups.model: Eaton 5PX 1500
    ups.power: 555.00
    ups.power.nominal: 1500.00
    ups.realpower.nominal: 1500.00
    ups.serial: ID: G090E3410 , Msg: 5PX1500RT
    ups.status: OL
    ups.type: normal
    vendor.specific.abmstatus: Battery Resting

OMV 6.x
    Supermicro X9DRH-7F
    2X-XEON E5-2660V2
    128GB PC3-10600R ECC REG
    Supermicro SATA DOM 64GB
    Areca ARC-1883IX-24
    24X - WD WD80EFZX
    NORCO RPC-4224 4U
    Eaton 5PX 1500

• Monitorix

OMV

OMV

Charge and Load are working, just Temp and Voltage are not... Line Freq, and Battery run time is a plus...

OMV 6.x
    Supermicro X9DRH-7F
    2X-XEON E5-2660V2
    128GB PC3-10600R ECC REG
    Supermicro SATA DOM 64GB
    Areca ARC-1883IX-24
    24X - WD WD80EFZX
    NORCO RPC-4224 4U
    Eaton 5PX 1500

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von mikebetz42 ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!