SyncThing will not start WebGUI

• After migrating my drives to a better box syncthing fails to load in web browser. I do not know where to start trouble shooting this. I just started with syncthing this past week, so my experience has been limited to just seeing it work.

Where do I start?

Safari Canʼt Connect to the Server
    Safari canʼt open the page “ 192.168.xxx.20:83xx” because Safari canʼt connect to the server “192.168.xxx.20”.

Now on 3.0.88 (Erasmus) Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4170 CPU @ 3.70GHz with 8GB Memory
    Was on 3.0.88 (Erasmus) Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3220 @ 2.40GHz with 4GB Memory

Version7.0-32 (Sandworm)
    ProcessorAMD EPYC 7302P 16-Core Processor
    KernelLinux 6.1.15-1-pve
    HardwareDell R7515
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Is it a new installation on the new box?

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Is it a new installation on the new box?

Good question.
    I have 2 OMVs. The i3 is the more recent one. When I was faced with PLEX not installing and the only insane solution seemed to be reinstall the OS. I decided to put my newer bigger drives with the better hardware. So I methodically removed each service on both computers. The services included PLEX, NetaTalk(Apple File), SMB, FlashMem, UnionFS, SnapRAID, and SyncThing. UnionFS and SnapRAID were the last services I disabled/removed. I then downed both computers. Then transplanted the data drives into the i3. Disconnected the SATA cables booted from USB Flash installer. Inserted OS USB Flash drive. Install OMV. At first root login I ran OMV-firstaid to get static ip(same that the other NAS had before). Then I ran OMV-update. Downed the NAS, removed the keyboard and display, tucked it in a dark cool corner, and powered it back up. I have yet to install file services and SnapRAID, nor have I set-up the Xeon computer.
    Did that answer your question? :/

Version7.0-32 (Sandworm)
    KernelLinux 6.1.15-1-pve
    HardwareDell R7515
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Did that answer your question?

Yep. The problem with the new installation is that it might have different uid for the users which I can see causing issues. Do you have home directories enabled in Access Rights Management -> User -> Settings?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Yep. The problem with the new installation is that it might have different uid for the users which I can see causing issues. Do you have home directories enabled in Access Rights Management -> User -> Settings?

I have created only one user in both cases but another service may have, so I do not know if my user has the same UID. I do not have home directories enabled nor had I in the past. I did remove the user while taking down the other machine; that would have happened after I removed reference to it in syncthig as I did that before removing the service. I have not created any shares yet, but the user has been and is a member of sudo.

Where might syncthig come across a reference to its previous existence on the data drives?

Speaking of that:
    After synching dod not work I ran:
    find /srv/6949f192-b…d-0bf601775031/* -depth -name ".stignore" -type f -exec rm {} \;
    find /srv/6949f192-b…d-0bf601775031/* -depth -name ".stfolder" -type f -exec rm {} \;

/srv/6949f192-b…d-0bf601775031/ represents my merged data volume.

Version7.0-32 (Sandworm)
    KernelLinux 6.1.15-1-pve
    HardwareDell R7515
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Where might syncthig come across a reference to its previous existence on the data drives?

Not sure. I don't use syncthing. I would uninstall the plugin and remove the .config/syncthing directory (in their home directory) for each user. Then reinstall.

• I removed the user account; uninstalled syncthing plug-in; disabled syncthing service; and rebooted.
    Put it back together, and nothing. No syncthing for me.
    Last ditch effort; I created a new test user. #Nope :(

Version7.0-32 (Sandworm)
    KernelLinux 6.1.15-1-pve
    HardwareDell R7515
    • Offizieller Beitrag

No idea what the problem is. Must be something with the setup. I just did a bunch of tests and they were all working.

• I just did a bunch of tests and they were all working.

I scrubbed the setup and reinstalled the OS, data drives, UnionFS, SyncThing, Created user account. It did not work. Do I need to reboot somewhere in there. I am wondering is it has to be with my network, but nothing changed there. Ugh. I am excited to use SyncThing to keep a family document shared.

Version7.0-32 (Sandworm)
    KernelLinux 6.1.15-1-pve
    HardwareDell R7515
    • Offizieller Beitrag

No idea what is wrong. On a fresh VM, it works fine for me. Post a screenshot of your settings for the plugin.

• Offizieller Beitrag

And the only problem you found is that the web interface doesn't work? If so, that is because you are using 127.0.0.1 for GUI address. Unless you are using a browser on the same machine, it needs to be 0.0.0.0. Before you change anything though, what is the output of systemctl status syncthing@jerry

• ● syncthing@jerry.service - Syncthing - Open Source Continuous File Synchronization for jerry
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/syncthing@.service; enabled)
    Active: active (running) since Fri 2017-09-08 12:36:36 CDT; 5h 28min ago
    Docs: man:syncthing(1)
    Main PID: 929 (syncthing)
    CGroup: /system.slice/system-syncthing.slice/syncthing@jerry.service
    └─929 /usr/bin/syncthing -no-browser -no-restart -logflags=0

Sep 08 12:36:40 OMVi3 syncthing[929]: [FKAV3] INFO: Using discovery server https://discovery-v6-2.syncthi…P-OC2M47J-Z4PE62Y-ADIBDQC
    Sep 08 12:36:40 OMVi3 syncthing[929]: [FKAV3] INFO: Using discovery server https://discovery-v6-3.syncthi…W-UCPQBWX-J2L2UBK-NVZRDQZ
    Sep 08 12:36:40 OMVi3 syncthing[929]: [FKAV3] INFO: Using discovery server https://discovery-v6-4.syncthi…3-MPFYMSO-U56GTUK-NA2MIAW
    Sep 08 12:36:40 OMVi3 syncthing[929]: [FKAV3] INFO: TCP listener ([::]:22000) starting
    Sep 08 12:36:40 OMVi3 syncthing[929]: [FKAV3] INFO: Completed initial scan (rw) of "Default Folder" (default)
    Sep 08 12:36:40 OMVi3 syncthing[929]: [FKAV3] INFO: Device FKAV37P-UNRLNIN-PWLN6VE-6BHYVOV-HUOFWON-YYPJBUT-XIZDIAN-2DKU3Q6 is "OMVi3" at [dynamic]
    Sep 08 12:36:40 OMVi3 syncthing[929]: [FKAV3] INFO: GUI and API listening on 127.0.0.1:8384
    Sep 08 12:36:40 OMVi3 syncthing[929]: [FKAV3] INFO: Access the GUI via the following URL: http://127.0.0.1:8384/
    Sep 08 12:36:51 OMVi3 syncthing[929]: [FKAV3] INFO: New NAT port mapping: external TCP address 65.29.169.119:30335 to local address 0.0.0.0:22000.
    Sep 08 12:36:51 OMVi3 syncthing[929]: [FKAV3] INFO: Detected 1 NAT device

Version7.0-32 (Sandworm)
    KernelLinux 6.1.15-1-pve
    HardwareDell R7515
    • Offizieller Beitrag

It is running. So, change the gui address to 0.0.0.0 and you should have a working web interface.

• It is running. So, change the gui address to 0.0.0.0 and you should have a working web interface.

I had the same problem, and do what you said ryecoaaron. And now I can connect to webGUI, thank you !

French nooby User. Sorry for my English language mistakes, I'm not used to post on english forum

• MB: Asrock QC5000m microATX with AMD 5050 APU / RAM : 16 gb HyperX, Case: Fractal Design Node 804
    • Storage : Kingston SSD 128go (for OMV) / 1x4Tb Seagate IronWolf, 1x4Tb WD Red, 1x200 Go Maxtor and 1x230Go Maxtor (old devices)
    • Docker CE (not the OMV plugin) : managed by Portainer , run JDownloader2, TeamSpeak3, NextCloud 20 etc
    • Locate / MySQL (db kodi, nextcloud) / SMB_CIFS

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!