Which list of drives is used to generate /etc/smartd.conf?

• Hi folks,

at company we are running an omv 2.x with two RAIDs - one for fileserving, and one for system backups of all our pcs. For the latter I did some experiments with existing drives, before I ordered the final setup. Which is working perfectly so far.

Only, as S.M.A.R.T. log tells, the experimental drives are not forgotten and tested every time, smartd is (re)started, which is daily, always throwing log entries about drives, that are not existing and not listed under /dev/disk/ no more. They are only still listed in /etc/smartd.conf, and, because that file is auto-generated by omv, the "normal" way to edit /etc/smartd.conf will not really help.

So my question: Where is the list of drives, omv uses to generate /etc/smartd.conf, from which I can delete the drives that are not of interest no more?

Private NAS: Asus P9D-I + Xeon E3-1220L CPU + 8GB ECC RAM + LSI SAS2108 HBA + 4x8TB BTRFS RAID 10 + OMV 4 booting from single SLC SSD
    Private experimental NAS: Asus P9D-I + i3-4130T CPU + 8GB ECC RAM + 3x10 BTRFS RAID5 + OMV 5 beta booting from single SLC SSD

• Thank you!

/etc/openmediavault/config.xml is what I was looking for.

Private NAS: Asus P9D-I + Xeon E3-1220L CPU + 8GB ECC RAM + LSI SAS2108 HBA + 4x8TB BTRFS RAID 10 + OMV 4 booting from single SLC SSD
    Private experimental NAS: Asus P9D-I + i3-4130T CPU + 8GB ECC RAM + 3x10 BTRFS RAID5 + OMV 5 beta booting from single SLC SSD

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!