Errors Installing Updates

• I feel like my OMV is on the fritz. Any time I try to update anything, I get errors such as the ones below. I appreciate OMV and the work everyone has put into this.

• While on the subject, are there any good tips for keeping OMV from running smoothly? I feel like it's error free right after install but I don't know how to keep it that way due to my noobness. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Am I asking questions wrong? I feel like a lot of posts get responded to quickly on this site but some of mine don't so quickly.

Nope. Just busy and I don't read every post anymore. You need to set your DNS server in your network settings. You also installed (or tried to install) something that wants to install apache (bad idea because it will probably conflict with OMV's web server nginx). You also don't mention what version of OMV you are using.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need to set your DNS server in your network settings

Add the IP of your router in the field "DNS Server" in Network/Interfaces in the GUI. To be on the safe side add 8.8.8.8 (google name server) seperated by a comma
    e.g. 192.168.0.1,8.8.8.8

• Nope. Just busy and I don't read every post anymore. You need to set your DNS server in your network settings. You also installed (or tried to install) something that wants to install apache (bad idea because it will probably conflict with OMV's web server nginx). You also don't mention what version of OMV you are using.

I can't figure out what I would have installed that wants to install apache. How do I remove it from the Update Management page? My bad for not posting the OMV version. I am using 3.0.79.

Add the IP of your router in the field "DNS Server" in Network/Interfaces in the GUI. To be on the safe side add 8.8.8.8 (google name server) seperated by a commae.g. 192.168.0.1,8.8.8.8

Thanks! I will try your suggestion and let you know what happens.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I tried this but the apache updates are still showing on the GUI. I have no idea why they are there.

What is the output of: apt-cache --installed rdepends apache2

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

collectd-core just has a suggestion of using apache2. So, that shouldn't be it. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep apache

• collectd-core just has a suggestion of using apache2. So, that shouldn't be it. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep apache

Code
    apache2
    Reverse Depends:
      collectd-core
      collectd-core
    root@raspberrypi:~# dpkg -l | grep apache
    ii  apache2-bin                    2.4.10-10+deb8u8                 armhf        Apache HTTP Server (modules and other binary files)
    ii  apache2-data                   2.4.10-10+deb8u8                 all          Apache HTTP Server (common files)
    ii  apache2-utils                  2.4.10-10+deb8u8                 armhf        Apache HTTP Server (utility programs for web servers)

Thanks for helping

• Offizieller Beitrag

Apache is already installed for some reason...

apt-get purge apache2-bin apache2-data apache2-utils

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!