Automatic updates on : OM3 freezes for I/O and net traffic Q1900DC-ITX

• Hi ,

I just want to share that because maybe another guy is on the same issue .

Sysinfo :
    bios 1.0 at Q1900DC-ITX , config OMV3 and 4 GB of ram.
    Storage : 4 HD 4 TB raid 5 and raid 1 with 2 old HD of some gb

Im not sure what happened, but I think it was related to automatic updates on OMV3 and some firmware mess with my old bios (in fact the one from factor) .

Just a shor briefing :
    When I was playing some videos with my libreelec raspi3 config it began to drop sound an get freezes, it went worse and when I issued some command with I/O that got stuck, for example a 2000 lines of /var/log/messages got stucked after showing a few lines when I did :
    cat /var/log/messages

But not when I did :
    cat /var/log/messages | grep -i something

It also got stucked with a ls and things like that.

Nothing relevant at messages, syslog, kern.log, dmesg, nothing with raids and everything fine.

Finally I found an old post from a guy (2015 or 2016) saying he had freezes with the asrock Q1900DC-ITX at linux and he solved via bios update.

Not sure what happened, now it seems to work flawlessly again :D after updating to 1.60 BIOS

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think it was related to automatic updates on OMV3

OMV doesn't have automatic updates. It automatically downloads the packages but you still have to install them. It is possible a Debian firmware package caused an issue though.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• OMV doesn't have automatic updates. It automatically downloads the packages but you still have to install them. It is possible a Debian firmware package caused an issue though.

But that doesnt make sense, then what happened ? everything was ok .

I thought it was installaing stuff because I saw messages at /var/log/messages

If it doesnt install anything what could happen ? Im just curious and is interesting in order to prevent further issues

• Offizieller Beitrag

But that doesnt make sense, then what happened ? everything was ok .

No idea. Is OMV installed on a USB stick without the flashmemory plugin?

I thought it was installaing stuff because I saw messages at /var/log/messages

Installing packages usually doesn't add anything to /var/log/messages

If it doesnt install anything what could happen ? Im just curious and is interesting in order to prevent further issues

Hard to say without more info.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• No, OMV3 is installed into a raid 1 (2 small sata discs). In adittion I did a check to md1 which is the raid for root dir where OMV3 is installed

You are right but what I saw was the cron apt output :

Now I remember that I installed plex plugin a couple of days before the problems began (I was planning to use plex, but finally I stucked at kodi + nas), but not sure if that may be related or not.

• Hi ,

I want to apologize, it was my fault, nothing related to OMV3 ; today I moved the NAS server back to his place and I realized the problem came back again, checked the managed switch and it was synching to 10 MBPS only, not sure what happened, unplugging and plugin again the rj45 worked and its now at 1000 MBPS.

Too bad for me, at least I have a more recent BIOS MOBO.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!