MAC ADDRESS

• I was looking for the mac address under the webgui/network/interfaces, but when I hit edit, I don't see it anywhere. I noticed there is a "note" space there so I was trying to add it in there and got this message. I can't remember how I looked it up last time, but I wanted to have it in case I accidentally delete my WOL icon and have to re-create that again. I also have two nics and I'm only using one but I wanted to make another WOL icon for the second one as well. The WOL is the other program I use in windows. I'm attaching the error after trying to save that note with the mac address. I think I manged to revert back to what it was but I thought I show you this since I thought I note was just any text. Or if the mac address shows somewhere else please let me know. Thanks. By the way even though my nas has two nics, only one shows in the GUI. I like to turn my nas on and off remotely so this is the reason I'm looking into this.

• Thanks Macom. Well I feel stupid now I think the router may have been what I used to get it at first, but that won't work if the server is off and I'm just thinking of the worst case scenario that I'm away somewhere and have to turn the server on and can't access the local desktop if I forget my password. :) You can't ssh to a server that is off either. I wanted to make an icon for the second nic and since this one didn't show in the OMV gui, I thought I ask. I'll see if the tool shows me the second nic. Thanks for the heads up on the search tool. I haven't used it that much so that looks pretty useful. The reason for trying to get the second nic set up is in case the cable ever gets plugged into the other port instead of where it was or if I ever need to have someone change it to the other port if I'm on the other side of the moon and need tech support. Again, assuming I'm somewhere else but you get the point.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!