SMB version

• hi guys,

i have a short question, does OMV3 support SMB3?

I use OMV with a libreelec client (with SMB-Share). After the last libreelec update they switched to SMB3.

The fall “Creators Update” for Windows 10 removes SMB1 client/server support and NAS devices now ship with configuration that only supports SMB2/3 – causing problems because all versions of Kodi before 17.4 can only make SMB1 connections. This release includes changes that allow the Kodi SMB client and our embedded Samba server to work with SMB2/3 connections; improving SMB security and performance.

there is a workaround to use SMB1, thats the only way to get this configuration OMV - Libreelec working. - So i have no Problem until now.

But can i also enable SMB3 on my NAS?

I have no windows systems at home, but what about Win10 systems? Have they problems too?

Best regards
    trayntab

• Offizieller Beitrag

does OMV3 support SMB3?

Yes but there is more than one version of smb3 - smb3.0, smb3.02, and smb3.1.1

After the last libreelec update they switched to SMB3.

According to your quote, smb2 and smb3 are supported.

there is a workaround to use SMB1, thats the only way to get this configuration OMV - Libreelec working. - So i have no Problem until now.

You don't need smb1. libreelec should work with smb2 and smb3

can i also enable SMB3 on my NAS?

It is already unless you have max protocol = smb2 in your options. The client not the server determines what it connects to OMV using unless you have min protocol or max protocol set. I have used samba on omv for years with openelect and kodi with no issues.

what about Win10 systems? Have they problems too?

My Win10 systems work perfectly and support all of the smb protocols that samba supports.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!