ZFS Plugin Possible to Create Clones?

• Hello,

I'm using FreeNAS at the moment and thinking about switching to OMV. There's just one thing I'm missing, that's creating clones with ZFS.

In FreeNAS you can just create a Clone of a snapshot and can easily access it in your SMB Folder. This way you can copy Files you accidentally deleted just out of the Snapshot.

Is this possible with OMV ZFS Plugin, or do I need to use Shell to do this? Would be great if someone could explain how to do this.

Other Question: Is there a way to delete the 2GB Partition FreeNAS Creates? Tried a lot of things, but just can't get rid of it.

Thank you!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Whatever you see in the plugin is what you have, so no clones. But can you give examples on how you use this in CLI? maybe they can be added in next major version if someone can code into this.

• This way you can copy Files you accidentally deleted just out of the Snapshot.

On my Windows systems I am using Windows previous versions with the Samba shares, based on ZFS snapshots of my OMV NAS. So one have immediate access to deleted or modified files - if the are included in the last snapshot.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!