Broken confdbadm while trying to develop on openmediavault-autoshutdown

• Hello,

I have an issue after I modified some js script in /var/www/openmediavault/js/omv/module/admin/service/autoshutdown/Settings.js to add forced up days
    I reverted to default but it seems that omv database is broken

If I try to recreate, I get a permission error

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# omv-confdbadm create conf.service.autoshutdown
    ERROR: Failed to create the default configuration: [Errno 13] Permission denied

I also tried to remove openmediavault and install it back, same issue

Does someone have an idea how to fix this ? Thx by advance ^^

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you have a github repo of what code you changed? Hard to help otherwise.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Do you have a github repo of what code you changed? Hard to help otherwise.

Unfortunately no, I just added buttons to autoshutdown plugin in order to add forced up days, something like that :

I modified datamodels to add variables, it worked until I changed the type from days-xxxx to updays-xxx, it broke after that

So I reverted all files to default (from plugin master branch https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…enmediavault-autoshutdown), but it keeps crashing, like it's still looking for the datamodel of the now inexistant buttons

• I temporarily "fixed" the problem by re-adding datamodels :

root@openmediavault:/usr/share/openmediavault/datamodels# omv-confdbadm read conf.service.autoshutdown
    {"checkclockactive": true, "hddiocheck": true, "sleep": 180, "days-tuesday": false, "days-friday": false, "days-sunday": false, "checksamba": true, "days-monday": false, "uphours-begin": 4, "uldlrate": 50, "uldlcheck": true, "days-thursday": false, "nsocketnumbers": "21,22,80,443,445,8077,8078,8201,9091,32400,58050,58051", "extraoptions": "FORCE_NIC=eth2\nPINGLIST=/root/lib/PINGLIST", "days-saturday": false, "verbose": false, "fake": true, "loadaveragecheck": true, "shutdowncommand": 2, "uphours-end": 5, "syslog": true, "checkcli": true, "cycles": 6, "enable": true, "days-wednesday": false, "loadaverage": 40, "hddiorate": 401, "range": "17"}

• Offizieller Beitrag

So I reverted all files to default (from plugin master branch github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…enmediavault-autoshutdown), but it keeps crashing, like it's still looking for the datamodel of the now inexistant buttons

You need to fix the xml in config.xml. Purging the plugin and re-installing would be the best way to do that.

If you want help on this, please fork the plugin and commit code changes to a github repo. It is much easier to see what changes you made that way.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You need to fix the xml in config.xml. Purging the plugin and re-installing would be the best way to do that.
    If you want help on this, please fork the plugin and commit code changes to a github repo. It is much easier to see what changes you made that way.

That fixed the issue, thank you very much !

I now understand how it works, I will be able to continue my modification on the plugin ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!