Installing Hauppauge TV Tuner for Plex Live TV

• Yet another linux noob here, trying to install a Hauppauge WinTV Dual HD usb tv tuner. The product page and the Plex support page both state that this tuner is 'linux' compatible but the support page only shows instructions to install to ubuntu using a PPA. Pages instructing how to install ubuntu PPA onto Debian confused me so I carried on googling.

Another page here says that driver support is included in kernel 4.7 but I'm only running OMV 2.X on kernel 3.2. So I wondered if it would be best to update the kernel or to install backports. So I tried to update backports using the extras plugin. It looks like I've got backports installed but on a different hard disk (the drop down in the kernels tab shows "Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 4.8.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 (on /dev/sda1)". When I try to boot from that kernel I am given an error saying "error no argument specified file not found you need to load the kernel first". Googling shows me that is because the disk the kernel is installed to does not have a boot record.

I then tried to install new backports for jessie (which should give me up to 4.8 I think) but I get errors about held packages, even though it looks like I don't have any. So is probably dependency issues.

I think I might be going the long way around here. I think all I need is a driver for the card. But I can't find any information about where to get it from or how to install it. So, long story short, does anyone have any experience or advice with

1) Hauppauge tuners on OMV/debian
    2) finding and installing drivers or
    3) updating backports so as to get drivers including in later kernels.

Any help gratefully received.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!