Playing audio via the Audio Jack on OMV3

• Hello all.

I am looking for advice on how to solve for a request to stream audio files from a local source on an OMV box. Specifically, I have a Media storage box that has a library of tunes on it and I would love to set this box to just loop the music out to the local audio jack. It would be a "nice to have" if there were a control panel web accessible gui to skip songs and such, but that is a step two thing. The usage on this would be to hook the audio jack up to a stereo and not to have another box or laptop running that would be accessing the server so I can stream my music to an FM transmitter to cover the entire house.

Any plugins that would do this of course would be cool, but the first step is to get an audio "out" working that could be controlled.

Caveat is if this would be 50 command lines and unstable, I am entry level LINUX competent at best. I would likely be better off picking up a last gen MINIX or NUC box and run a LIUNX release with a desktop GUI and such.

Thoughts?

• OMV's are servers, music playing is a client service. A solution my be installing MiniDLNA plug-in and getting an old tablet or unused phone that can interface with DLNA.

Version7.0-32 (Sandworm)
    ProcessorAMD EPYC 7302P 16-Core Processor
    KernelLinux 6.1.15-1-pve
    HardwareDell R7515
    • Offizieller Beitrag

There is an mpd plugin for OMV 2.x but no one ported it to 3.x or 4.x. It would play audio from the server's sound card.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• That's what I figured ryecoaaron. Thanks. I intended this to be a "server" of audio to the rest of the house and eliminate the tablet/etc by broadcasting over an FM transmitter. I guess it is back to a Amazon FireTab to stream the audio.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!