assigne groups with ldap backend user for webdav plugin?

• OMV 3.x
    • Resolved

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• assigne groups with ldap backend user for webdav plugin?

Hi,

i have omv 3 installed and i have a stupid question...

how can i set a omv group for a ldap user?
      Ldap Plugin is installed and works fine.
      I get always this error

Source Code

1. Fehler #0:
      2. exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; usermod --gid 'users' --shell '/bin/dash' --comment 'userfullname' --groups 'admins,webdav-users' 'username' 2>&1' with exit code '6': usermod: user 'username' does not exist in /etc/passwd' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175
      3. Stack trace:
      4. #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/usermgmt.inc(559): OMV\System\Process->execute()
      5. #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceUserMgmt->setUser(Array, Array)
      6. #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      7. #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('setUser', Array, Array)
      8. #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'setUser', Array, Array, 1)
      9. #5 {main}

So how can i fix this? do i need write all LDAP users manual into passwd file?

Thanks a lot and sry for my english :)

Kind Regards
      Gefundene Rechtschreibfehler dürfen gern behalten werden.
    • Do you see the ldap users and groups under Access Rights Management?

What type of ldap server are you trying to connect to? You may also look at these two threads.

forum.openmediavault.org/index…-Active-Directory-domain/

forum.openmediavault.org/index…Directory-LDAP-Revisited/
      If you make it idiot proof, somebody will build a better idiot.

The post was edited 1 time, last by donh ().

• Hi and thanks, yes i see all users and groups in my omv.... getentgroups brings all too but i cant add a group to a user which is locatet in the ldap

My LDAP Server is a openldap

Source Code

1. usermod: user 'username' does not exist in /etc/passwd' in /usr/
      This is the curios part... why does he try to add it in passwd file... theyre no ldap users inside

The post was edited 1 time, last by nixmomo ().

• I think it will not work to manage ldap from omv. You should be doing that from the ldap server. I think security will be better that way. It would also add a lot of complication to the code. Maybe there should be a "warning" to that effect?
    • Moin, welche genau?
      Das mit den Gruppen ist ja schon geklärt. Die kann man nur via OMV setzen wenn die LDAP Gruppe und die lokale Gruppe die gleiche GUID haben. Wenns eine Gruppe "webdav-user" lokal und im LDAP gibt, wird keine angezeigt also muss manuell die GUID angepasst werden. Dann passts und die User + Gruppe wird geladen und funktioniert auch.

Das was mir jetzt noch fehlt ist die Möglichkeit die SSH Keys und die Mailadressen aus dem LDAP zu laden. Bin ziemlich erstaunt, dass das nicht mit drin ist.
    • Are you able to control access for users and groups? I think that is the use case for the omv server. Other features would be for show and may cause security issues.

There are many versions of ldap servers out there. This makes it hard to get everything working on all as you suggest. The best place to manage an ldap server is the ldap server. If you need these features do a feature request and maybe they will be done.
    • Yes i can manage the access for User and Groups and you point me at the right way.

In that case the Webdav Plugin created a local group called webdav-users. This group was local only and not written to ldap. I created the group in my ldap too. First time i dont saw the local and dont saw the LDAP group cause both groups called webdav-users. The issue was the guid. Local it was by 301 and in my ldap 1115 ... i changed the gid local to my ldap guid and it worked.

In next step i have set a ldap user the ldap group "webdav-users" via omv without any issues.

i think i have to look deeper in the plugin cause you can see ldap groups with guid higher then 1000 only .... My ldap groups are default synced with the standard guid from unix.
    • I would think it may be possible to for the email. I don't know what the need for it would be.

For ssh I don't use that so I have not idea. Probably the same as above.

If you provide a use case why these are needed somebody may try to include them.