Which hard drive?

• This isn't in a rude tone, but if there exists a platter drive you'd think will suffice for home NAS, then CMR or SMR shouldn't be factored. Also, a home NAS with enough RAM can negate nearly all OS writes to platters using virtual drives.

In my opinion, modern large platter drives == "the new tape", although film is probably more reliable in the long run, but definitely not cheaper to store (but to be fair I haven't read a store manual for film in 20 years, so maybe it's better).

Of course, platter drives are also affect by humidity very similar to camera lenses, which is too much == fog/moisture. Granted this is old person voodoo (probably FUD), but if a platter never stops spinning, then moisture can't build up. It something rarely talked about, but not everyone lives in Arizona (in the Philippines it's an absolute concern).

• sorry about the question but i can't find an answer SAS drives are spinning down correctly with OMV?

unRAID isn't supporting spin down of SAS drives and that's why i'm thinking of switching to OMV

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!