iSCSI Plugin

• OMV 3.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• iSCSI Plugin

Hi there...
      are there any news about the known issue in the kernel 4.9? I read that in OMV 3 no changes won't be done, so then... what is the timeline for the OMV 4, where this topic is solved, i guess?

I really won't to downgrade to 3.16...by the way, the question of how to..?
      In the previous version there was a button inside the kernel section....or is the proxmox kernel what i have to choose?
    • NasBar wrote:

are there any news about the known issue in the kernel 4.9?
      The iscsitarget package isn't being maintained and isn't in the stretch (omv 4.x) repo. The plugin needs to be ported/rewritten for something like targetcli-fb or something else.

NasBar wrote:

what is the timeline for the OMV 4, where this topic is solved, i guess?
      omv 4.x is available now but see above answer.

NasBar wrote:

I really won't to downgrade to 3.16...by the way, the question of how to..?
      In the previous version there was a button inside the kernel section....or is the proxmox kernel what i have to choose?
      The proxmox kernel is about your only option if you don't want to use the 3.16 kernel. There never was a kernel downgrade button in omv-extras. I haven't tested the proxmox kernel in omv 4.x but it is still there for now.
      omv 4.0.14 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.13 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.1
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

The post was edited 1 time, last by ryecoaaron ().

• omv vs 4 is running but you have to run the upgrade manually via shell or the booted interface, just login as root and the pw you setup when you installed omv originally then type: omv-release-upgrade an click yes to any promps the upgrade shouldn't alter any settings est you already have. once finished login to the webui and check for updates, then reboot the system
      anacky99
    • rich673 wrote:

omv vs 4 is running but you have to run the upgrade manually via shell or the booted interface, just login as root and the pw you setup when you installed omv originally then type: omv-release-upgrade an click yes to any promps the upgrade shouldn't alter any settings est you already have. once finished login to the webui and check for updates, then reboot the system
      While this is true, this will not fix the iscsi plugin.
      omv 4.0.14 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.13 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.1
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!