No HDMI output on OMV 3.0.87 image for Banana PI

• There is no HDMI output on the new OMV image for the Banana Pi. Everything boots fine, its just that there is no display output. Was this an intentional change or a new bug in the kernel/bootloader? Is OMV going to be headless from now on?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Was this an intentional change or a new bug in the kernel/bootloader? Is OMV going to be headless from now on?

I doubt that was intentional. None of the other images are. Did you write the SD card with etcher?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• no, I used dd
    I only wanted the display to ease installation, right now its running ok headless.

it didn't automatically resize the partition like the readme file said it was going to do. I did that myself using gparted thou.
    I noticed it didn't delete the 1st time boot file either, soo yea I am guessing something malfunctioned

• I doubt that was intentional. None of the other images are. Did you write the SD card with etcher?

I had a spare SD card and spare time and I tried out etcher, and the HDMI is still dead.
    and its not a defective board cause the HDMI works with other images.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The Banana Pi is one of the boards I don't have. Which image did you use?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I noticed it didn't delete the 1st time boot file either, soo yea I am guessing something malfunctioned

Yep, smells like filesystem corrupted and already set to read-only. Wrt HDMI I don't know, it should work but the last time I attached a display to one of my A20 boards was back in 2015. And I won't waste time on trying out since using these images headless is the best idea anyway.

• Same Problem. Update to OMV 3.0.89 didn't help. Seems to be misconfigured u-boot.
    HDMI output is still disabled / not working.
    Did you solve this issue?
    Everything else is working fine - just no Display.
    BTW.:
    Did somebody used an LVDS-Connected LCD instead?
    Would be very interested in successful experiences.

BR
    Guido

• No HDMI display. Not continuing installation process.

Wrong.

Please read the readme at download location again:

Code
    - OMV installation finalizes itself at first boot (network connection
        needed!) Please be patient since this can take up to 15 minutes.
        When done the board automatically reboots once and afterwards OMV
        is ready to be used

Simply follow the readme, connect the board to Ethernet, let it boot, wait for one automated reboot and then access the web UI. There's no need to attach a display, there is no 'installation process' you would need to interfere with, just let it boot and then accesss it as a NAS with your web browser.

If things don't work as expected then it's as usual either SD card or 'burning went wrong' or underpowering (the Banana Pi uses shitty Micro USB for DC-IN but does not implement underpowering prevention)

• Seriously, there's nothing to do with a connected display and if you want to configure something and connect an USB keyboard you could make things even worse.

The Banana folks for whatever stupid reasons chose the crappy Micro USB connector to power this board which leads to severe voltage drops when using the wrong Micro USB cable or the wrong PSU/charger. I've one Apple keyboard with integrated USB hub here which I can use to instantly brown-out any Banana Pi when powered with the wrong Micro USB cables (severe peak consumption when attaching the keyboard leads to undervoltage which in turn lets the undervoltage protection kick in and the power management IC simply powers the board off).

So do NOT connect unneeded peripherals like keyboards and display to your Banana Pi. Further readings:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!