Mounting Errors

• Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount -v --source '/dev/sda1' 2>&1' with exit code '12': NTFS signature is missing.Failed to mount '/dev/sda1': Invalid argumentThe device '/dev/sda1' doesn't seem to have a valid NTFS.Maybe the wrong device is used? Or the whole disk instead of apartition (e.g. /dev/sda, not /dev/sda1)? Or the other way around?

what does that mean?? I keep gettting that Error every time i go to mount my USB hard Drives.

• Offizieller Beitrag

off to NAS4free

Good luck. Never saw your post. Sad that you give up on OMV after not getting a response after less than 40 hours and not bumping the post.

Are they actually ntfs drives? Is it an RPi?

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Its NOT going to work, I downgaraded to 2.25 and the permissioins will NOT work, re-installed this, i restarted smb, ive tried a live debian DVD, i still get "NO PERMISSION"

even when I login as admin to the web portal, i still get Operation not permitted.

• Good luck. Never saw your post. Sad that you give up on OMV after not getting a response after less than 40 hours and not bumping the post.
    Are they actually ntfs drives? Is it an RPi?

48 hours to make make samba be able to write to a disk is a little much, I used samba, i want NFS so i can use runeaudio, as samba is not directly supported b by that.

• Offizieller Beitrag

there were 59 views

Most probably search engines.

has ANYONE been able to succsefilly run a NAS with this?? I downgrased to 2.2.25 and i cannot get the permissions to work

fat32 doesn't support most permissions. Nothing OMV can do to fix this.

48 hours to make make samba be able to write to a disk is a little much, I used samba, i want NFS so i can use runeaudio, as samba is not directly supported b by that.

Did you watch any of my videos - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/videos? They have full setup to get samba working. They don't have nfs setup but that is just a few more clicks in the nfs tabs.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I got it to work, turned out my Hard Drive needed to be NTFS not fat32 did a re-format, moved everythng back and it worked.

i sent this post to trash because i got it working.

i i kinda knew that but I got lazy and didn't feel like re-formating LOL

• Offizieller Beitrag

i sent this post to trash because i got it working.

You really should just mark it resolved (I did this for you) in case other people are looking for the same info.

turned out my Hard Drive needed to be NTFS not fat32

You really should use a Linux filesystem.

• Offizieller Beitrag

My USB drives are NTFS, but can i see them and access them Via Samba?

Yes but using a Windows filesystem on Linux is not ideal for long term situations.

• lets put it this way...

Nothing works in linux, the plex media server won't work on openmediavault, i don't even know how to configure that MPD plugin

i tried eveything in the forums, im using my wincdows PC as a media server because it just WILL NOT WORK

• Offizieller Beitrag

lets put it this way...

Nothing works in linux,

Forgive me if I disagree...

the plex media server won't work on openmediavault

How did I make the video where it works then? Once again, I hope you aren't trying to use a shared folder in the plex plugin that is on an ntfs drive. It supports some permissions but not all Linux permissions. ntfs should only be used to transfer data from. Depending on the client you are using, maybe the minidlna plugin would be easier to start with.

i don't even know how to configure that MPD plugin

mpd plays mp3s directly on the server. Not very common for most people to use it. I don't know if it even works on an RPi either.

i tried eveything in the forums

Everything??

im using my wincdows PC as a media server because it just WILL NOT WORK

You are used to Windows. Of course, you have an easier time getting it to work. Trust me... I've installed OMV and plugins thousands of times. It WILL WORK and does very well. I tried making videos to make it easier to configure. Obviously, something is going wrong. Trying to get this stuff to work on an RPi makes things even more difficult.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!