Mounting Errors

• OMV 3.x
    • Resolved
    • Mounting Errors

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount -v --source '/dev/sda1' 2>&1' with exit code '12': NTFS signature is missing.Failed to mount '/dev/sda1': Invalid argumentThe device '/dev/sda1' doesn't seem to have a valid NTFS.Maybe the wrong device is used? Or the whole disk instead of apartition (e.g. /dev/sda, not /dev/sda1)? Or the other way around?

what does that mean?? I keep gettting that Error every time i go to mount my USB hard Drives.
    • Bleckman wrote:

off to NAS4free
      Good luck. Never saw your post. Sad that you give up on OMV after not getting a response after less than 40 hours and not bumping the post.

Are they actually ntfs drives? Is it an RPi?
      omv 4.1.14 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Look in the config.xml and delete in the configuration the disk which is not.
      you surely changed the USB port?

nano /etc/openmediavault/config.xml
      forum-bpi.de Visit on and help us, The Germany Forum :thumbsup:
      github.com/Wolf2000Pi
      Banana Pi /Armbian 3.4.109 / Openmediavault 2.x
      Banana Pi /Armbian 4.11.5-sunxi / Openmediavault 3.0.xx (Test)
      Dell Inspiron One 2205 | Openmediavault 3.0.xx / Kernel 4.7 (Test)
    • Bleckman wrote:

there were 59 views
      Most probably search engines.

Bleckman wrote:

has ANYONE been able to succsefilly run a NAS with this?? I downgrased to 2.2.25 and i cannot get the permissions to work
      fat32 doesn't support most permissions. Nothing OMV can do to fix this.

Bleckman wrote:

48 hours to make make samba be able to write to a disk is a little much, I used samba, i want NFS so i can use runeaudio, as samba is not directly supported b by that.
      Did you watch any of my videos - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/videos? They have full setup to get samba working. They don't have nfs setup but that is just a few more clicks in the nfs tabs.

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
    • Bleckman wrote:

i sent this post to trash because i got it working.
      You really should just mark it resolved (I did this for you) in case other people are looking for the same info.

Bleckman wrote:

turned out my Hard Drive needed to be NTFS not fat32
      You really should use a Linux filesystem.

• Bleckman wrote:

My USB drives are NTFS, but can i see them and access them Via Samba?
      Yes but using a Windows filesystem on Linux is not ideal for long term situations.

• Bleckman wrote:

lets put it this way...

Nothing works in linux,
      Forgive me if I disagree...

Bleckman wrote:

the plex media server won't work on openmediavault
      How did I make the video where it works then? Once again, I hope you aren't trying to use a shared folder in the plex plugin that is on an ntfs drive. It supports some permissions but not all Linux permissions. ntfs should only be used to transfer data from. Depending on the client you are using, maybe the minidlna plugin would be easier to start with.

Bleckman wrote:

i don't even know how to configure that MPD plugin
      mpd plays mp3s directly on the server. Not very common for most people to use it. I don't know if it even works on an RPi either.

Bleckman wrote:

i tried eveything in the forums
      Everything??

Bleckman wrote:

im using my wincdows PC as a media server because it just WILL NOT WORK
      You are used to Windows. Of course, you have an easier time getting it to work. Trust me... I've installed OMV and plugins thousands of times. It WILL WORK and does very well. I tried making videos to make it easier to configure. Obviously, something is going wrong. Trying to get this stuff to work on an RPi makes things even more difficult.