• New User - Fresh install - Some beginner questions

Hey there,

Hardware:

HP Microserver N40L
      16 GB RAM
      2 x 3 TB Western Digital Red drives

Latest OMV installed onto USB.I'm considering switch

Questions:
      1. I want to mirror the disks so that if one disk dies I don't lose anything. What's the best way to achieve this?
      2. Is it easy enough to copy a USB install to an SSD in future?
      3. Once the disks are mirrored is there a guide for setting up shares? I've had a look and nothing jumped out at me.
      4. Is there some way to backup configuration so that if the system disk fails I'll be able to (reasonably) quickly get up and running by reinstalling and re-applying the config?
      Thanks in avance
      1. I want to mirror the disks so that if one disk dies I don't lose anything. What's the best way to achieve this?
        Don't use RAID1, but use rsync (e.g. with rsnapshot plugin) to copy data to the second disk on a regular basis. Search the forum for "raid is not backup".
      2. Is it easy enough to copy a USB install to an SSD in future?
      3. Once the disks are mirrored is there a guide for setting up shares? I've had a look and nothing jumped out at me.
        github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/videos

4. Is there some way to backup configuration so that if the system disk fails I'll be able to (reasonably) quickly get up and running by reinstalling and re-applying the config?
        Clonezilla: have a look at the OMV-extras/Kernel menue
      BananaPi - armbian - OMV4.x | Asrock Q1900DC-ITX - 16GB - 2x Seagate ST3000VN000 - 1x Intenso SSD 120GB - OMV3.x 64bit