config.xml - sharedfolderref

• I upgraded my OMV2 backup server this evening - not my main server, and was hit with a couple of issues.

1st, omv-extrasorg add-on didn't update during the upgrade process, so I needed to manually remove and re-add this.
    2nd, all the references to 'sharedfolderref' in config.xml no longer appear to be valid. As such, I had to manually remove the rsync jobs section and re-add the jobs one by one.

Is there a reason why omv-extrasorg didn't update during the upgrade process?

Is there a way to identify the updated sharedfolderref's so that I can substitute them in to the config.xml file and not have to re-create everything again?

The reason I ask is that on my main server I notice a lot more sharedfolderref's for things like NFS etc. I'd much rather be able to fix these than delete them and create them all again.

the sharedsharedfolder ref is a UUID, but it's not from blkid and I'm not sure where to find them. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there a reason why omv-extrasorg didn't update during the upgrade process?

The upgrade between 2.x and 3.x is a pain (the two versions are VERY different and the OS is a full upgrade). Lots of plugins don't upgrade correctly. That is why we recommend a fresh install.

No idea why the sharedfolderrefs would change. I haven't seen that before.

the sharedsharedfolder ref is a UUID, but it's not from blkid and I'm not sure where to find them. Can anyone help?

They are randomly generated. If they are wrong in the mntent section of config.xml, there is no way to recover except from backup.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• So am I to understand that there is no way to identify the sharedfolderref's in the upgraded version?

They may be randomly generated, but how do I identify them?

Kind of defeats the update process if it breaks everything that references a sharedfolderref from the previous version. Why are they changing? Shouldn't they stay the same or be updated with the upgrade process.

Seems like a fairly common problem, although I have to say that mine are still referenced in the correct tags and not as in the post below.
    Failed to execute XPath query '//system/shares/sharedfolder[uuid='']'

Either way, the only way to fix rsync was to delete everything in config.xml between the jobs tags. Surely we should be able to modify the references to sharedfolderred''s and fix the problem.

And what about omv-extrasorg? why doesn't that get upgraded during the update process as I'm sure nearly every user will have this add-on installed.

• Offizieller Beitrag

how do I identify them?

Like I said, the uuid source of the sharedfolderef is in the mntent section.

Kind of defeats the update process if it breaks everything that references a sharedfolderref from the previous version. Why are they changing? Shouldn't they stay the same or be updated with the upgrade process.

As I and Volker both said, the update process should never touch those references.

Seems like a fairly common problem

One other post makes it common?

And what about omv-extrasorg? why doesn't that get upgraded during the update process as I'm sure nearly every user will have this add-on installed.

Look through the forum... We have repeatedly said the upgrade process does not go well between OMV 2.x and 3.x for various reasons (sysvinit to systemd change, omv 2.x to 3.x is a huge change especially to plugins,etc). That is why we recommend a fresh install. But in all the failures I have encountered in my own testing, I have never seen sharedfolderrefs change.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks, sorry I missed the mntent reference.

I've decided a fresh install may be the best option for the main server as although I have omv-extras installed on the backup server, No additional addons have been installed and the only addon enabled and configured was rsync and It still took me an hour or so to resolve the issues from the upgrade process and get everything working again.

• Just for the record. I did the upgrade and had to fix a few of those errors.
    In my case the reason was that there were line breaks and possibly whitespace characters inside the tags. Removing them fixed it.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!