Upgrade from 3.0.88 to 4 - Any pitfalls?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Upgrade to arrakis went well and everything seems to work fine, only obstacle is an issue with
    enabling the docker ce repo in omvextrasorg 4.0.4.:

I need to remove some 3.x code from omv-extras 4.x.

• Thanks, this is what I expected. No problem.

One (?) more bug (not omvextras): the memory bar in the dashboard doesn't work, in the syslog I get hundreds of error messages stating that rrdcache plugin can't connect (sorry, do not remember the exact wording) and after approx. 10min the server shuts down without further notice. Haven't read about this before so maybe related to my set-up.

100% reproducible and repeatable for me yesterday.

HP Microserver Gen8 - 16GB RAM - 1x Dogfish 64GB SSD - 4x 3TB WD Red / ZFS raid1 - OMV 7.x bare metal - Docker - Synology DS214 with 2x 4TB WD Red for rsync backup

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von belierzz ()

• Hello,

one month has passed since the last post...

So there are no issues or no one who has tested arrakis...

Something else to mention when I´m going to upgrade to arrakis?

Thanks Scarface

OMV 6.0.38-1 Shaitan | Fujitsu DS3231 | Intel i5 - 4570S | 12Gb Ram | 4x8TB | 256 GB USB for boot | 500GB NVME | SnapRAID und mergerfs

• @Scarface, my upgrade path wasn't smooth, on my HP microserver i consisently got "failed to read file" errors when upgrading to arrakis. i couldn't reproduce the issue in virtualbox though, so it may be specific to my configuration. i stayed on 3.0.x for my baremetal server for now

Error: "Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusfs2WVj' (size=0)."

SuperMicro CSE-825, X11SSH-F, Xeon E3-1240v6, 32 GB ECC RAM, LSI 9211-8i HBA controller, 2x 8 TB, 1x 4 TB, 1x3TB, MergerFS+SnapRAID

Powered by Proxmox VE

• @molnart Ok, thanks for the fast reply.

What will happen to my Data when I disconnect all HDDs, do a clean install of OMV4 on a new Stick and reconnect mey Data HDDs?

I will have to install the Snapraid auf unionfilesystem Plugin surely, but will these plugins recognize my Data?

So I would have a backup of my running System on the old Stick without any risk.

OMV 6.0.38-1 Shaitan | Fujitsu DS3231 | Intel i5 - 4570S | 12Gb Ram | 4x8TB | 256 GB USB for boot | 500GB NVME | SnapRAID und mergerfs

• Offizieller Beitrag

is there any owncloud plugin on omv 4?

nope. It was discontinued long before OMV 3.x was released.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are there any plans to have 4.0 versions of sabnzbd, sonarr and radarr plugins

@jhmiller has said he thinks people should use docker instead of porting them.

• @ryecoaaron
    @antsh

I found this web-side by accident and it's about using Docker under Synology. Maybe these how-tos help you to set-up your needed programs under Docker and OMV. I guess there's not a big difference by setting up Docker under DSM or OMV.

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• One quick question, now that I am thinking about it though. What is the upgrade path going to look like for people using the OMV plugins in 3.x when they upgrade to 4.x? Will those plugins stop working, or just stop being maintained?

Let's say I install 3.x today, and use the plugins. When 4.x comes around (officially in some sense), do I need to backup all of my data, uninstall the plugins, and set everything up in docker?

Thanks for all the help!

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the upgrade path going to look like for people using the OMV plugins in 3.x when they upgrade to 4.x? Will those plugins stop working, or just stop being maintained?

The plugins that have been ported upgrade ok for me. Otherwise, there are plenty of plugins that work on 3.x and 4.x right now. Hard to say. I am pretty much the only one maintaining plugins right now.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Thanks, ryecoaaron. In no way did I want it to come off frustrated, I really appreciate all the work you do, and I am sure everyone on here does as well.

I am sure this will be a question that gets asked a lot as soon as 4.0 is announced as I assume most people using OMV use some combination of sab( or nzbget)/sonarr/radarr/couchpotato, etc. Just trying to figure out the best path for a fresh install that I will be doing this weekend.

• I am having some issues going to 4, how can i remove couchpotato package?

WARNING: The function 'omv_config_add_element' is deprecated.
    Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/couchpotato.service → /lib/systemd/system/couchpotato.service.
    Processing triggers for openmediavault (4.0.8-1) ...
    Updating locale files ...
    Updating file permissions ...
    Purging internal cache ...
    Restarting engine daemon ...
    Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0x7f16a48c5510>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py", line 117, in remove
    TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable
    Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0x7f16a48c5510>
    W: APT had planned for dpkg to do more than it reported back (0 vs 4).
    Affected packages: openmediavault-couchpotato:amd64

also apt-get update seems to go wrong

<snip>
    Ign:6 http://ftp.es.debian.org/debian stretch InRelease
    Hit:7 http://ftp.es.debian.org/debian stretch-updates InRelease
    Hit:8 http://security.debian.org stretch/updates InRelease
    Hit:9 http://ftp.es.debian.org/debian stretch Release
    Hit:11 http://packages.openmediavault.org/public arrakis InRelease
    Hit:10 http://cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org/debian stretch-backports InRelease
    Ign:12 https://dl.bintray.com/openmed…plugin-developers/arrakis stretch InRelease
    Hit:13 https://dl.bintray.com/openmed…plugin-developers/arrakis stretch Release
    Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0x7f17b95da510>
    Exception ignored in: <function WeakValueDictionary.__init__.<locals>.remove at 0x7f17b95da510>
    Reading package lists... Done
    </snip>

• ok i got a little further all upgraded now, GUI is running still some issue

popup with

The property 'pexenabled' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.transmissionbt'

I guess need to check the plugins

• Offizieller Beitrag

I assume most people using OMV use some combination of sab( or nzbget)/sonarr/radarr/couchpotato, etc.

I don't :) jhmiller who maintains those plugins thinks people should go to docker instead of porting the plugins to OMV 4.x.

This is just a warning and not a problem.

This is a python bug and not a problem either.

• I just got an extremely bad experience with docker i installed nextcloud, had some issues deleted the image and lost all data from my RAID, everything gone, seems the container was linked under volumes to my raid and decided to empty everything.

:(

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!