Docker - Folder settings

• I'm a complete docker newbie and looking at using it as a way of separating plugins from the OS.

I'm trying to get my first plugin up and running (sabnzbd) and while I can talk to it over the network, I'm having real problems with the folders and storage and haven't really been able to find anything in the way of documentation for the plugin to explain what the settings are.

What I really want is to be able to define the folders or /config path to use, so that data is stored outside of the container.
    However, I've tried setting the HOME variable, the host paths individually and the container path and nothing seems to use the folder structure I want.

say I have a folder called /media/xxxx-1234-abcde/Usenet, how do I get the container to create the sabnzbd folder structure inside that shared folder and continue to use that going forward?

Thanks.

• Getting there.

Just a couple of issues now in that the GUID setting seems to be being ignore in the variables and instead it's changing the GID of the .config folder to 911 instead of 100 which is the specified GID of the users group.

The other issue is that although the /config mapping is working correctly to /home/docker/.config/sabnzbd, the download and incomplete-download folder settings are being placed under /home/docker/.config/sabnzbd rather than to the sabnzbd folders that I've specified on external storage.

I'll have another look tomorrow.
    Thanks again.

• Can you post a screenshot of the docker container settings?

• Sorry for not responding earlier, but I managed to get it all working in the end. What I didn't realize was that the container paths specified referenced root, i.e. /downloads /incomplete-downloads, where as SABnzbd was referencing them locally from the /config container path i.e. downloads = /home/docker/.config/sabnzbd/downloads and incomplete-downloads = /home/docker/.config/sabnzbd/incomplete-downloads. As soon as I changed the paths in the SAB config (not the docker config) to use /downloads and /incomplete-downloads everything started working.

• Sorry for not responding earlier, but I managed to get it all working in the end. What I didn't realize was that the container paths specified referenced root, i.e. /downloads /incomplete-downloads, where as SABnzbd was referencing them locally from the /config container path i.e. downloads = /home/docker/.config/sabnzbd/downloads and incomplete-downloads = /home/docker/.config/sabnzbd/incomplete-downloads. As soon as I changed the paths in the SAB config (not the docker config) to use /downloads and /incomplete-downloads everything started working.

Hooooooooly this helped me out so much. I couldn’t figure out for the life of me where the folders got mapped to within the containers themselves. This makes so much sense. Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!