Map a distant drive to Windows

• OMV 3.x
    • what do you mean with distant drive?.

If you want to share data from internet, you can share it with WebDAV and mount it locally on your NAS using remote-share plugin
      OMV 3.0.88 x64 on a HP T510, 8GB CF as Boot Disk & 32GB SSD 2,5" disk for Data, 4 GB RAM, CPU VIA EDEN X2 U4200 is x64 at 1GHz

Post: HPT510 SlimNAS ; HOWTO Install Pi-Hole ; HOWTO install MLDonkey ; HOHTO Install ZFS-Plugin ; OMV_OldGUI ; ShellinaBOX ;
    • So I tried to create a Remote mount as shown on the image and I have this error :

Source Code

1. Error #0:
      2. exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount -v '/srv/ff35749f-e87c-4d7c-ae7c-1d40ddf4ba7b' 2>&1' with exit code '32': mount.cifs kernel mount options: ip=IP.IP.IP.IP,unc=\\IP.IP.IP.IP\OMV_Share,iocharset=utf8,user=user,pass=****
      3. Unable to find suitable address.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175
      4. Stack trace:
      5. #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/remote.inc(427): OMV\System\Process->execute()
      6. #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/fstab.inc(72): OMV\System\Filesystem\Remote->mount()
      7. #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(194): OMVModuleFsTab->startService()
      8. #3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
      9. #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      10. #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(150): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
      11. #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatus6m...', '/tmp/bgoutputdk...')
      12. #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(151): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
      13. #8 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
      14. #9 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
      15. #10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      16. #11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
      17. #12 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
      18. #13 {main}
      Display All

What did I do wrong ?
      Images
      • RemoteMount.jpg

65.92 kB, 401×528, viewed 16 times

Post by DeadServer ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves: Double post ().
    • DeadServer wrote:

Unable to find suitable address.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175
      Can you ping the IP address of the server?

I would suggest to establish a VPN between the two local networks so you can reach the remote servers IP address. Maybe you have to change some firewall rules (open ports) at the server side network in order to connect to the shares from the remote location.
      OMV 3.0.78 (Gray style)
      ASRock Rack C2550D4I - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1)- Fractal Design Node 304
    • +1 to VPN, is the best sollution for your requeriments, read more about VPN, because is not a tivial job.
      OMV 3.0.88 x64 on a HP T510, 8GB CF as Boot Disk & 32GB SSD 2,5" disk for Data, 4 GB RAM, CPU VIA EDEN X2 U4200 is x64 at 1GHz

Post: HPT510 SlimNAS ; HOWTO Install Pi-Hole ; HOWTO install MLDonkey ; HOHTO Install ZFS-Plugin ; OMV_OldGUI ; ShellinaBOX ;
    • A vpn will give you access to your home network. You will be able to see anything on it. Shares will work like you are in the network. You can see and administer your omv or other servers.

I use Untangle firewall to provide openvpn. It is free but they have paid options. I use the paid home version but the free version does openvpn. Used the free version for many years. There is also a version for some WiFi routers. Other routers do this as well.
      If you make it idiot proof, somebody will build a better idiot.

The post was edited 2 times, last by donh ().

• Users Online 1

1 Guest