OMV 4 now in Beta but no offical news?

• I was a bit surprise to see the "Upgrade to 4" threads. There wasn't a offical news or something? Also there are no ISO yet to install OMV4 directly, right?

OMV 4 - Ryzen 7 1700 (8 Cores / 16 Threads 65W TDP) - 32 GB DDR4 ECC
    128 GB OS SSD - 256 GB Plex SSD - 32 TB RAIDZ2 (6x8TB HGST NAS)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Volker did post this - https://www.openmediavault.org/?p=2178 That is kind of official isn't it?

No ISO yet. OMV 3.x to 4.x upgrades work well or you could install Debian Stretch then OMV. Not all plugins are ready yet though.

Code
    echo "deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public arrakis main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list
    apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault-keyring postfix
    apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault
    omv-initsystem

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Saw this post already a month ago but doesn't mention, that you can already give v4 a try.

I guess we just interpreted OMV 3.x being maintenance mode differently. Maybe he was waiting for more omv-extras plugins to be ready? "Official" posts also make lots of people upgrade. I don't think any of us are ready for that yet.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• echo "deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public arrakis main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list
    apt-get update

apt does not allow installing from unsigned repositories, so

Code
    echo "deb [ allow-insecure=yes ] http://packages.openmediavault.org/public arrakis main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list
    apt-get update

will do the trick, till 4.0.6 arrives.
    but be aware to reset it, when the repo is signed!

• Just chiming in

I upgraded to Arrakis yesterday. overall went well and everything is working fine, A little bumpy, collectd and rrdcached has had error in syslog but omv-mkconf took care of that. no other issues I can say were related to openmediavault

Only issue I can report at this time is the on the webui on the services page, the running indicator for UPS is red. however NUT seems to be working normally, so no big deal. could be something I did, but worth noting

thanks to everyone on the OMV team

• root@nas:~# dpkg -l | grep openm
    ii libopenmpt0:amd64 0.2.7386~beta20.3-3+deb9u2 amd64 module music library based on OpenMPT -- shared library
    ii openmediavault 4.0.8-1 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-backup 3.6 all backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-clamav 4.1-1 all OpenMediaVault ClamAV plugin
    rc openmediavault-extplorer 1.0.3 all OpenMediaVault eXtplorer plugin
    ii openmediavault-forkeddaapd 4.0-1 all OpenMediaVault forked-daapd (DAAP server) plugin
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii openmediavault-minidlna 3.3.11 all OpenMediaVault miniDLNA (DLNA server) plugin
    ii openmediavault-netatalk 4.0.1-1 all OpenMediaVault netatalk (AppleTalk Protocol Suite) plugin
    ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 4.1.0 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ic openmediavault-sickbeard 3.2.2 all OpenMediaVault Sick Beard plugin
    rc openmediavault-usbbackup 1.0.2 all OpenMediaVault USB/eSATA backup plugin

Seems i have the OMV extras for 4.x i have deleting and reinstalled what i could do in GUI, don't know if there is still some issues with this list. Missing the transmission but i saw the remark about dockers, never used that so need to check that out.

• Hi guys,

Is there an issue with dockers on 4.x ?
    I'm not able to get any image installed, docker gui plugin is enabled and i have used a directory called docky on my disk raid.

root@nas:/media/fac202db-49d5-4dba-92b0-bee63109d140/docky# ls -lrt
    total 80
    drwx------+ 2 root root 4096 Nov 3 09:16 containers
    drwx------+ 4 root root 4096 Nov 3 09:16 plugins
    drwx------+ 3 root root 4096 Nov 3 09:16 image
    drwx------+ 2 root root 4096 Nov 3 09:16 volumes
    drwx------+ 2 root root 4096 Nov 3 09:16 trust
    drwxr-x---+ 3 root root 4096 Nov 3 09:16 network
    drwx------+ 2 root root 4096 Nov 3 09:16 swarm
    drwx------+ 2 root root 4096 Nov 3 09:16 builder
    drwx------+ 2 root root 4096 Nov 3 09:16 tmp
    drwx------+ 3 root root 4096 Nov 3 09:16 overlay2

As you see the framework has been copied well, but when i search for example for transmission i get the popup but when pressing start i only see a fast refresh of the dock page and the popup start button of transmission come back, nothing installed. Can this be a rights issue?

UPDATE: i tried chmod -R 777 docky , still no luck, nothing able to pull

CLI test works and after doing this on CLI it shows up in the GUI, but i'm not able to pull anything in GUI, don't know if this is an 4.x issue or known issue, not able to find info, any help appreciated.

root@nas:/media/fac202db-49d5-4dba-92b0-bee63109d140/docky# docker run hello-world
    Unable to find image 'hello-world:latest' locally
    latest: Pulling from library/hello-world
    5b0f327be733: Pull complete
    Digest: sha256:175735360662078abd70dacb73c5518d5b3ae7c1ed069d22def5da57c3e917d6

Hello from Docker!
    This message shows that your installation appears to be working correctly.

To generate this message, Docker took the following steps:
    1. The Docker client contacted the Docker daemon.
    2. The Docker daemon pulled the "hello-world" image from the Docker Hub.
    3. The Docker daemon created a new container from that image which runs the
    executable that produces the output you are currently reading.
    4. The Docker daemon streamed that output to the Docker client, which sent it
    to your terminal.

To try something more ambitious, you can run an Ubuntu container with:
    $ docker run -it ubuntu bash

Share images, automate workflows, and more with a free Docker ID:
    https://cloud.docker.com/

For more examples and ideas, visit:
    https://docs.docker.com/engine/userguide/

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!