Determining reason for system reboot

• I've been having an issue where my OMV system reboots while remotely streaming video over subsonic.

I did a bit of searching, but was not sure where to start when it comes to solving this mystery.

As such, I grabbed the only log I'm familiar with from the time of reboot. Here is that bit of /var/log/syslog

If anyone recognizes this issue, needs more information, or can point me in a research direction, it would be much appreciated.

• MC1 Error: Parity error during data load.

This IS a memory loading error which can be an indication of bad memory or bad CPU. MC1 is 'memory controller 1'. If your system is equipped with ECC DRAM you could become familiar with EDAC and search the faulty module by checking sysfs nodes: https://github.com/tinganho/li…er/Documentation/edac.txt

If you have a non ECC DRAM system memory errors are UNDETECTABLE [1] and of course also UNCORRECTABLE. The only place where real memory errors are able to be catched are where partity data is added. Based on your log the incident above happened at L1 cache level which is inside the CPU.

[1] Well, memory errors on non ECC DRAM systems are somewhat detectable but you don't get nice EDAC logs you could parse but you can only rely on symptoms like crashes/freezes/reboots, weird things happening, silent data corruption you only realize after it's way too late and all your backups are already corrupted too :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!