Old entries in smb.conf

• A time ago I was playing around with “valid users” in smb.conf. Now I can’t get rid of them. I delete the entries in smb.conf do a restart of the smbd service and it works. After a change within the GUI the old entries in “valid users = ” are back. Where does it come from? I tried to delete samba cache files and database files without any effect.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You shouldn't edit the file since OMV overwrites it. If you choose Guest Only from the public drop down, it won't put valid users in the config. Otherwise, just give your user privileges to the shared folder and then that name will be after the valid users entry.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank you. This helped. I knew that OMV would overwrite my manual settings. But I wasn’t aware, that setting any other value would overwrite the old ones because I didn’t have any privileges defined while using ACLs. So I set any privilege and remove it afterwards deletes any value in smb.conf

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!