zfs-dkms outdated with Backport Kernel

• Hi,

I've installed OMV 4 and also the OMV-Extras for v4. I added the Backport Repo by adding deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian stretch-backports main to my source list. I have installed the 4.12 Kernel and then tried to install openmediavault-zfs but got a error while installing zfs-dkms:

It looks like 0.6.5.9 isn't compatible with 4.12 kernel but the spl-dkms package installed just fine. After some testing I noticed, that zfs-dkms has an older version than spl-dkms:

Code
    root@OMV-NAS:~# apt-cache policy zfs-dkms
    zfs-dkms:
      Installiert:           0.6.5.9-2~bpo8+1
      Installationskandidat: 0.6.5.9-2~bpo8+1
      Versionstabelle:
     *** 0.6.5.9-2~bpo8+1 100
            100 http://httpredir.debian.org/debian jessie-backports/contrib amd64 Packages
            100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

spl-dkms is already on 0.6.5.11 while zfs-dkms is still on the old 0.6.5.9 version.

Is this a bug with the Backports or did I made a mistake?

OMV 4 - Ryzen 7 1700 (8 Cores / 16 Threads 65W TDP) - 32 GB DDR4 ECC
    128 GB OS SSD - 256 GB Plex SSD - 32 TB RAIDZ2 (6x8TB HGST NAS)

• Okay found the reason... I've forgot to add contrib non-free to my sourcelist since zfs has some weird license.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I specifically pinned zfs packages so that they would use the backports versions when the backports kernel/repo were enabled. You shouldn't have to add the backports repo either since OMV still has that feature builtin from 3.x. It doesn't update when you upgrade which would keep the backports repo file in /etc/apt/sources.d pointing to jessie. omv-mkconf apt should fix that. I had to fix all this before I released the zfs plugin into the omv-extras repo. Not sure how you got on different versions of each package though.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Yup you're right. /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list still pointed to Jessie. The Option for the Backport is currently missing in OMV-Extras v4 and also the Website need an update for v4 btw.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The Option for the Backport is currently missing in OMV-Extras v4

It isn't needed. The code was added to OMV core. If you do omv-mkconf apt, it will fix the sources and pin the kernel so that it shows up in updates.

the Website need an update for v4 btw

What website? omv-extras.org? I updated it a few days ago.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• What website? omv-extras.org? I updated it a few days ago.

The Guides Page is missing the Download/Setup for v4: http://omv-extras.org/joomla/index.php/guides

I've installed 3.0 first but saw the repo are pointing to the wrong release and found the v4 version just by trying out a different URL :P

• It isn't needed. The code was added to OMV core. If you do omv-mkconf apt, it will fix the sources and pin the kernel so that it shows up in updates.

What should this command do? I've run it and it didn't updated my openmediavault-kernel-backports.list and also didn't updated the source.list

• Offizieller Beitrag

What should this command do?

It executes both of these files - https://github.com/openmediava…enmediavault/mkconf/apt.d
    It doesn't touch your sources.list. It also fixes the pinning.

The Guides Page is missing the Download/Setup for v4: omv-extras.org/joomla/index.php/guides

I didn't know anyone used that anymore. I thought most people used this page but both need to be updated. I will do that now.

• omv-mkconf apt change my backport.list file back to jessie-backports. Looks like there is a bug.

Edit: Not sure why.. lsb_release --short --codename returns stretch (as expected)

Code
    root@OMV-NAS:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# rm openmediavault-kernel-backports.list
    root@OMV-NAS:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# omv-mkconf apt
    root@OMV-NAS:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# cat openmediavault-kernel-backports.list
    deb http://httpredir.debian.org/debian jessie-backports main contrib non-free
    root@OMV-NAS:/etc/apt/sources.list.d#

• Offizieller Beitrag

Looks like there is a bug.

Yep, it was but I sent Volker a pull request and it is fixed. I just forgot that it wasn't released yet.

• Offizieller Beitrag

could you take a look on the jdownloader plugin for v4?

java app... yuck. I will look at it but not promising much. I know nothing about it either.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!