Changed from STATIC to DHCP - Reboot - NO IP

• Hi,

During a recent router upgrade the ip range of the network changed, however OMV was on the old range via static IP. I set to DHCP and rebooted, now it wont pick up an ip. I tried to logon via remote console but it refuses to accept my admin logon credentials that I know are 100% correct! Any advice would be appreciate as I would rather not rebuild!

Thanks

Matt

• Hey,

i'm prettey sure an IP range change won't change your ssh login.

Might sounds dumb but: Anyway are you sure you're trying to log into your OMV?

if i was you i would try thoses things.
    (sorry if you already tried) take theses suggestions and workaround

clear your browser cache:

Are your trying to reach Right IP adress? right protocol? (http/https) right port?

can you access omv screen and do a ifconfig to get ip of your NAS? (put a screen / keyboard on NAS)

can you maybe Access old OMV WEB UI fixed IP with old IP adress? ( assuming you set your computer IP in the same subnet)

Check you DHCP server for assigneds IP to know if he assigned an ip to NAS an wich on it is.
    Set a DHCP reservation for nas mac adress to force it to get a choosen one

Hope it might help you :-/

• Offizieller Beitrag

As antipiot recommended:
    The surest way to find the new address assigned (if any) would be to hook up a monitor and keyboard.
    (I'd consider doing this to check your server because something else may be going on. Maybe the change to DHCP didn't take?)

I don't know how you're networked (wired / wireless) but you're probably interested in the address assigned to
    eth0 .

If you find something like 0.0.0.0 (the wrong address for your network such as 165.x.x.x, etc., etc.) here's instructions for manually configuring eth0. Config addr

Remember, if statically assigning an address, it should be outside of your new DHCP range.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I tried to logon via remote console but it refuses to accept my admin logon credentials

admin is the user for the GUI
    for the CLI you need to use user "root" or another user which has been created and is memeber of the SSH group
    note that the pwd for admin and root are different
    root has the pwd you gave during installation, unless you are using an ARM image, where the default pwd is "openmediavault"

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!