Partial RSYNC - (root)Folders starting with A to M

• Dear All,

can anybody help me? I have a raid volume that I would like backup/sync to two other drives. The two other drive are in sum the same size than the raid volume...
    But how can I tell rsnc to snyc only the (root)folders starting with A to M to the first drive and N-Z to the second drive?
    And no I dont want to make a raid out of the two drives.

Thanks for your Ideas and help in advance.

Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I haven't tried but I would think you could add an exclude argument that uses a regex to exclude directories name o-z*

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I was so afraid of something like that... My regex knowledge is really really poor, may I ask for some additional help? I'm willing to test everything...

I found expressions like:

Code
    --exclude="- [N-Z]*/"
     --exclude="- [0-M]*/"

But i'm not sure if it is correct, and is there a possibility to add a second letter...?
    "0-Mh" and "Mi-Z"

Or is there an option in rsync to sync to two discs?

Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Parador ()

• thanks alot to all - I'm close to my goal ..

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!